Forum Administrator

IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

164 posts in this topic

Hi guys

With heavy heart, I have to say that the CFCnet forum will be closing soon. In short it costs £120 to host and it hasn't been generating anything near that for a long period of time. For a few years now Facebook and Twitter have been peoples choice of interaction.

The version of this forum has been running since 2004 and has had it's ups and down. Even started a news story or two.

So unless something drastic happens, the forum will be gone within a few weeks. It will be a shame to say goodbye to nearly 3GB of opinion, debate and all things Chelsea FC related.

If you have any ideas of how to save the forum please get in touch. admin@cfcnet.co.uk

Peter

Hi Peter

That's sad news indeed. 

£120 as in what type of frequency? Monthly? Yearly? 

/Dave

Can't we have a subscription of £1 per month ? Surely people will stump that up? 

Right. Was afraid of that. 

I suppose we have tested all avenues for commercial income from advertising on the site? 

I remember we tried a £1 monthly subscription at some stage but it never got going. I wouldn't be shocked if we had a few on here who'd be happy to pay a small monthly fee to use these boards. I would certainly be up for it and it might actually raise the quality of the forum although it's bound to have an impact on the quantity. 

Have we abandoned such an idea completely? 

Noooooooooo, this is awful news.  I would miss this site and all the regulars massively.  Would be very willing to pay an amount each month to keep it going.  I had been doing that in the past but I guess I got complacent!   

20 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

We have a subscription site http://www.clubcfcnet.co.uk No one subscribes anymore. That will have to go as well. We will need 120 subs per month. We get about 3 people signing up for free at the moment.

I tried that site in the beginning but it was so dry , I want , Dave ,Cam , Nobbly ,Droy etc , .maybe a few of us can get together and share the costs ?

Well this is terribly upsetting. Is there no way site advertising could be implemented?

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I tried that site in the beginning but it was so dry , I want , Dave ,Cam , Nobbly ,Droy etc , .maybe a few of us can get together and share the costs ?

As I said, count me in :)