• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

Holymoly   

Is it the domain that is costing the money of the forum software? YaBB provides reliable free forum software but clearly needs a domain to attach it to.

44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I tried that site in the beginning but it was so dry , I want , Dave ,Cam , Nobbly ,Droy etc , .maybe a few of us can get together and share the costs ?

Can't see this happening in Liverpool...... Ok, so Cam gets up my nose on occasion (apologies) and ditto Blue Rod (ditto) but I'd miss their bullshit. I'll stump up for registering www.thechelse.London at 35 quid a year, at least until my signifant other starts asking what the feck the expense is for. Or other if anyone can find a better url. Fair? So how to move forward?

8 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Well this is terribly upsetting. Is there no way site advertising could be implemented?

We have adverts. But they don't account for much and you can't budget as you never know what they will earn each month.

This is my go-to website, especially after matches. Can't conceive what it'd be like to not have it. Count me in for a small monthly sub, £2-3.

Please.

Peter, 

Maybe we can start a 'sign-up' process for the members who want to pay to use this site as it is? And with that, I don't mean the 'premium' section of the site. That one never really got going...

Give it a week, see how many signs-up as interested and then we can see how much that translates to per month for each member. Once we know the cost committment people can either accept or reject it.

Thoughts? 

11 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Peter, 

Maybe we can start a 'sign-up' process for the members who want to pay to use this site as it is? And with that, I don't mean the 'premium' section of the site. That one never really got going...

Give it a week, see how many signs-up as interested and then we can see how much that translates to per month for each member. Once we know the cost committment people can either accept or reject it.

Thoughts? 

Dave - http://forums.CFCnet.co.uk/ on the right here there is a place to donate already set up. I don't think that very many people see it and it needs pushing a bit more and making more obvious.

I lurk in these boards now, read more than I post but there are some contributors whose opinions I would miss a lot were this site to close. I am happy to pay monthly for this site - if there were a way to direct debit a few quid a month then I would happily sign up for that to keep the boards running. It needs to be made as easy as possible for people to donate and pay - DD would be a way to make that easier.

Zoowraa   

Agree with Hugh Jars. I don't use the forum as much these days, but I would be happy to pay a subscription amount via direct debit on a monthly basis. It needs to be as easy as possible, if I have to physically make the payment each time then complacency, busy,holidays etc kick in and it won't happen. If it can be done via DD and I don't have to think about doing it then it's much easier.

Maybe an incentive is needed, all subscribers get the opportunity to bag Droy and give him a schuing one a season......something like that might work 😀............in fact I'd pay it all for that 😀

Also agree, I have been using my kindle to access the site and unless you know where to go you'll never find the donate button.

Put the donate button in a prominent position on the mobile site with a barometer to see how we're doing.

Other than that, I'm with Dave , I would happily sign up to a funding platform if we can get just ten people committed to paying £12 month we're there.

I disagree Mark, as good as this site is you'll never convince me that £144 a year a decent value. However, £2 a month is.

So it would be interesting to know who the top 50 contributing posters per month because to me it seems that it is the same 50 or so that post all the time. As much as I hate to admit it even those posters I always disagree with would be missed is this site closes.

Those 50 donating £2 a month should cover it - I would be disappointed if there were any significantly heavy posters that couldn't dip into their pockets for a couple of quid each month.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

I disagree Mark, as good as this site is you'll never convince me that £144 a year a decent value. However, £2 a month is.

So it would be interesting to know who the top 50 contributing posters per month because to me it seems that it is the same 50 or so that post all the time. As much as I hate to admit it even those posters I always disagree with would be missed is this site closes.

Those 50 donating £2 a month should cover it - I would be disappointed if there were any significantly heavy posters that couldn't dip into their pockets for a couple of quid each month.

That's it isn't it? If the ones who use this site a lot pays a small amount then we are home free. 

It'll take some convincing before I buy that people can't afford £2-5/month.