• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

Jon9344   

Apologies all, I haven't been on the forum for a while but have been catching up and getting the jist of the issues with donations to keep the forum going.

I am happy to support and have made a donation this morning. I will also be happy to support each month as required.

Jon

• Like 1

JaneB   
6 hours ago, Jon9344 said:

Apologies all, I haven't been on the forum for a while but have been catching up and getting the jist of the issues with donations to keep the forum going.

I am happy to support and have made a donation this morning. I will also be happy to support each month as required.

Jon

Hi Jon

Just speaking for myself but thank you so much for donating.  As someone who tries to do their bit too, it is much appreciated.

And just referring to your other post, I'm not sure about clubcfcnet, but I had problems getting into this forum yesterday, it said the server was down so probably the two things were connected.

Welcome back!

I've noticed that there is no longer a link to click in order to pay. There's a blue message bar with "current donation goals' in a dull grey but it's not clickable, or at least not for me using Firefox on a MacBook Pro. Any chance you could pass that on to whoever deals with the 'nuts & bolts' of the forum. I noticed it when the forum changed it's style in subtle ways a day or so ago. Maybe something got 'switched off' by accident. I can always dig out the info I need from my PayPal account from previous payments I've made to do so again this month.

JaneB   
4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I've noticed that there is no longer a link to click in order to pay. There's a blue message bar with "current donation goals' in a dull grey but it's not clickable, or at least not for me using Firefox on a MacBook Pro. Any chance you could pass that on to whoever deals with the 'nuts & bolts' of the forum. I noticed it when the forum changed it's style in subtle ways a day or so ago. Maybe something got 'switched off' by accident. I can always dig out the info I need from my PayPal account from previous payments I've made to do so again this month.

I noticed that too although Jon managed to do a donation earlier. Mysterious. 

Jon9344   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Hi Jon

Just speaking for myself but thank you so much for donating.  As someone who tries to do their bit too, it is much appreciated.

And just referring to your other post, I'm not sure about clubcfcnet, but I had problems getting into this forum yesterday, it said the server was down so probably the two things were connected.

Welcome back!

Thanks Jane :-)

If I was earning, I'd love to give and it's important this site keeps going. Not having a job right now makes it difficult sadly. I do hope I can find a way to support this site, because despite its failings, it is the best Chelsea forum I know.

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Hi Bob. About half of yesterday (and part of the day before) the site was down. I sent a message about it to Peter, and then it was back up (although I didn't get a direct response from him, so I don't know what the actual problem was). I'll give him the tip about the donations bar. Cheers.

As people will notice, I've cleaned up the last couple of pages because, frankly, they didn't serve any useful purpose. As you were (please).. 

Holymoly   
11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Hi Bob. About half of yesterday (and part of the day before) the site was down. I sent a message about it to Peter, and then it was back up (although I didn't get a direct response from him, so I don't know what the actual problem was). I'll give him the tip about the donations bar. Cheers.

Has Peter done something else to the site as it may just be my imagination but the font/graphics look a little cleaner (or it may just be a graphics update to my browser)?

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Has Peter done something else to the site as it may just be my imagination but the font/graphics look a little cleaner (or it may just be a graphics update to my browser)?

Peter may have done nothing, actually (not a criticism, by the way)... it could be a slight tweak from the hosting company, but yes the general 'feel' is a slighter cleaner, more modern look with those who didn't use a personalised graphic having the first letter of their name placed as their avatar with different colours for different letters.