• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I tried that site in the beginning but it was so dry , I want , Dave ,Cam , Nobbly ,Droy etc , .maybe a few of us can get together and share the costs ?

I would commit to it. If there was 25 of us we could keep it going for £5 a month each. That's a pint of beer in some pubs and the company is better here. 

I'm wondering if this is the result of one terrible season and that things will pick up with a new manager new team and hopefully a bit more success next season. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

I disagree Mark, as good as this site is you'll never convince me that £144 a year a decent value. However, £2 a month is.

So it would be interesting to know who the top 50 contributing posters per month because to me it seems that it is the same 50 or so that post all the time. As much as I hate to admit it even those posters I always disagree with would be missed is this site closes.

Those 50 donating £2 a month should cover it - I would be disappointed if there were any significantly heavy posters that couldn't dip into their pockets for a couple of quid each month.

I'd happily pay £2/month. In the past I've donated £10/month via the donation button top right, but it was a bit disheartening when you see you're often one of only two or three bothering, so I stopped.

Another idea. How about if each month the site had two volunteer 'benefactors' . They each pay £60  and then they are done for the year. We would need 24 of these benefactors each year to keep the site running. I will volunteer for the first month. I think it would be simpler and more straightforward to administrate than lots of smaller amounts. I'm assuming the site must generate some kind of advertising revenue so maybe it could be a bit less than £60. Maybe Pete could give us a figure.  

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Another idea. How about if each month the site had two volunteer 'benefactors' . They each pay £60  and then they are done for the year. We would need 24 of these benefactors each year to keep the site running. I will volunteer for the first month. I think it would be simpler and more straightforward to administrate than lots of smaller amounts. I'm assuming the site must generate some kind of advertising revenue so maybe it could be a bit less than £60. Maybe Pete could give us a figure.  

Other forums I'm a member of, or have been a member of in the past,  such as car owners' clubs, photography forums etc., require a log-in process. Everyone who wants to use the forum signs up, and part of that process is a membership fee. if you don't renew, you are locked out. In most cases the membership fee is around £12-15/year paid into a PayPal account (the payee does not need a PayPal account to do so... just a debit or credit card)

Rob B   

Put me down for £5 a month.

I don't post all that much but been a regular visitor since the start (albeit under a previous name) and would be gutted if it closed.

I'm not sure it should just be the top 50 posters however. I'd be in favour of making the membership £2 a month to all new and existing users.  No free site and club site, just a simple £2 a month to anyone who wanted to join, paid by direct debit. 

If that means 100/200/300 people sign up in time, and the site started to "make money" then even better as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Put me down for £5 a month.

I don't post all that much but been a regular visitor since the start (albeit under a previous name) and would be gutted if it closed.

I'm not sure it should just be the top 50 posters however. I'd be in favour of making the membership £2 a month to all new and existing users.  No free site and club site, just a simple £2 a month to anyone who wanted to join, paid by direct debit. 

If that means 100/200/300 people sign up in time, and the site started to "make money" then even better as far as I'm concerned.

Oh definitely - the 50 users was notional and just for an indication and at the minimum these heavy posters should be able to afford £2 a month. If the donations were to go over the costs then that would obviously benefit the owners of this site and us too - it would secure a longer term future for the site and a stable environment which the site sits on.

xCELERYx   

Would be a shame to see this place go, it's literally the only footballing forum I visit and would mean the death of any sort of football outlet I have. Even though money is tight sometimes, I'd certainly be happy to throw in a few dollars each month or whatnot. For me personally, a small monthly fee is something more manageable than paying out a whole year or whatever at fixed lump sum. 

We can't let this happen.

Fining some users for their inane ramblings would also generate an income. 

I jest. A little.

Sea foot   
30 minutes ago, blue moon said:

^ charge by the word?

Don't think James could afford that. ;-)