• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

Hi Guys The donation widget resets everytime a donation is made. I'll report it as a bug. Luckily I can manually correct it. So £95 is the latest figure.

Not sure if this is the best remedy, but it may keep us going long enough to find a sponsor.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far.

Harvz   

It also resets/wipes donor acknowledgement which isn't the best way to encourage people to keep giving. 

Donation page as now been fixed. (Fingers crossed.)

Currently we nearly have enough budget for the next two months. Which is incredible. That gives us a little time to try and find a better solution.

Many thanks to everyone who has donated.

:-)

Just now, Forum Administrator said:

Currently we nearly have enough budget for the next two months. Which is incredible. That gives us a little time to try and find a better solution.

Nope, it really hasn't been.

It was telling me there was £100 out of £120 donated and then after my donation it has said there is £200 out of £240.

yep it is fixed, i was changing the total to £240 as we had smashed £120. Your donation has worked correctly as it would have reset if it wasn't fixed.

Cheers Mr Jars,

19 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

Well , it does go to show that the membership does care , I suggest a message be posted 7 days before the bill is needing to be settled next time to see what can be done.

Maybe the solution is that some of the contributors will continue to contribute?

Seems to work for me - almost there for summer. Some contributors will doubtless continue to contribute, but I still can't help thinking that the principle sum of £1,440 per annum is a bit on the steep side.

Hi guys

Just for the sake of transparency. This is the hosting that I have:

Enterprise Package
https://www.siteground.co.uk/cloud-hosting.htm

You will note that it's £84 + VAT (£108) 

I have 2 additional MBs of memory that takes it to £96 + Vat (£115.20)

4 x 3.0 GHz CPU Cores, 
CentOS, 
6GB RAM, 
150GB SSD, cPanel, Cloud Storage, Management Services

In short, I tried all of the other packages on that page and none would run the forum, except the Enterprise package with 6MB of memory.

The forum has two large databases. One is an archive and one is the active one. Both of these combine to around 2GB of data. (I had initially thought there was 3GB of data). Some hosts limited the size of the databases to 1GB.

Just tried to chip in and found it not-a-great-experience: was obliged to use PayPal (a company I don't like, along with Google) and then, when I thought it was finally done, I get a screen asking me to:

Complete Your Profile

We require just a few more details before we can proceed

Display Name:...............................................

Email Address:..............................................

Create my Account                       Cancel

CFCNet_Profile_Error.JPG

Well, of course, I already have an account, which at least the system recognised, so I wasn't able to join again, but now whenever I try to access CFCnet on that computer, I get that same screen and there's nothing I can do to get round it (I'm on a different OS now).

And I don't even know if the payment's been completed!