• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Chelsea Sign Michy Batshuayi

Harvz   

Official Club Announcement

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Michy Batshuayi has today completed his transfer from Marseille.

The 22-year-old signed a five-year contract.

A powerful, fast striker, the highly coveted Batshuayi moves to Stamford Bridge having developed a reputation as a fine finisher following spells in France and Belgium. Skilful and with the ability to beat opposing defenders with his quick feet, he is a threat in the air and also comfortable holding the ball up and linking the play.

He was part of the Belgium squad at Euro 2016 and netted with his first touch on his tournament debut last Sunday, converting a cross from his new Chelsea team-mate Eden Hazard in a 4-0 win over Hungary.

Batshuayi said: ‘I am delighted to sign for one of the biggest clubs in Europe and embark on the next chapter in my career. I hope I can help Chelsea win many trophies during my time at Stamford Bridge.

Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have told me many good things about the club, and with Antonio Conte coming in it's an exciting time to become a Chelsea player.

‘This is a fantastic opportunity for myself and my family, I am looking forward to playing in the Premier League next season.’ 

Harvz   

Have a good feeling about this one. Hadn't heard of him before he came off the bench for Belgium and scored the other day, but he looks like he has bags of potential. Hopefully I'll be quoting this after he's scored his 25th league goal for us at some point in the future and not as we sell him for a cut price.

I have to admit I didn't know too much about him until the short spells he got in the Euros. However, having watched some YouTube compilations (I know, I know... they only show the very best bits are shouldn't be relied upon too much) he does remind me a bit of Drogba (also signed from Marseille... as was Azpilicueta). Gets in the box, great header of the ball (one goal v PSG where he out-jumped David Luiz), very little back-lift but plenty of power in his shots. Still young, still lots to learn, but bags of potential to become a truly great player for us.

I look forward to watching him progress this coming season.

Welcome Michy best of luck to you. Personally, I'm very glad we haven't ended up going for Morata, Lukaku or Benteke.

Am sure he will do well for Vitesse or Watford. ;) Just kidding! Welcome Batman! I have a good vibe, he's a young, hungry striker. Go get 'em, boy! :D 

Edited by chelsea_matt

StebzAno   

Credit to Chelsea for getting this one.  Rising star with lots of potential still.  I wonder why he wanted to come to Chelsea so much?, maybe Hazards influence?  Hopefully this will deter any outside distractions for Hazard to other clubs for a while, and the two can work off each other to improve.  I can see us being able to play two up front more regularly now either with Costa (assuming is staying???) or with Hazard.  Much to the pleasure of the 3-5-2 admirers, although that still needs a solid back three.

5 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Credit to Chelsea for getting this one.  Rising star with lots of potential still.  I wonder why he wanted to come to Chelsea so much?, maybe Hazards influence?  Hopefully this will deter any outside distractions for Hazard to other clubs for a while, and the two can work off each other to improve.  I can see us being able to play two up front more regularly now either with Costa (assuming is staying???) or with Hazard.  Much to the pleasure of the 3-5-2 admirers, although that still needs a solid back three.

Why do you think? Cash is king and I don't blame him for that in the slightest! 

GURJ SS   

Looks to have all the tools needed to be a great striker, hopefully he starts the season alongside Costa instead of playing second fiddle.

StebzAno   
29 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Why do you think? Cash is king and I don't blame him for that in the slightest! 

Except it wasn't for Crystal Palace, West Ham and Juventus.  I think our Belgian players probably had a fair share of influence on him.

Edited by StebzAno