• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Chelsea Sign Michy Batshuayi

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Well, I would say they have. Salah was not only excellent at Fiorentina when he went out on loan initially, he stepped that up further once he joined Roma and became a real attacking threat - as his record shows. I back him to be a good player for Liverpool one that would have possibly benefited us in our now system.

Cuadrado went to Juventus and has been a solid player just as he was prior to his transfer to us.

Both players are certainly quality enough to contribute here, which is my entire point with Batshuayi. There seems to be this ridiculous fixation of having multiple star players for each position. We don't need that, while it's also unrealistic. What we lack is some good quality depth, players that have both the ability to start when needed but can also contribute from the bench when called upon. Michy could be that sort of player for us upfront. No world beater, but good enough to score goals, start games here and there and still have an impact. While being of a level to still provide competition while maintaining a professional and hard working attitude. People are quick to overlook that he scored 17 league goals for Marseille the season before he joined, including 9 assists. This was in his first full season I might add where he as a regular. 

If we can end up with a striker selection of Morata, Batshuayi and say Belotti or whoever else, it gives us good variation, competition and three overall good strikers to call upon. Unless you rather see us maybe sign another quality CF and sell Michy off and replace him with a short term D grade striker instead? 

Maybe make your kind up? Possibly? Solid? Doesn't sound I was proven too wrong then. 

I'm not fixated with having super stars for every position in the squad - not at all. But I am rather interested to have AMs who doesn't jump out of tackles or are regularly caught in the headlights, who doesn't lose the ball as soon as it is given to them and who are weak mentally. Such a player won't be a hit here. 

They are decent players, but not players that we miss or were wrong to let go. At the time, neither were even close to compete with the other AMs we had. They were at least a level or two below - that's why they didn't get too much playing time. Cause we had better options. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

paulw66   

Apparently averages a goal every 71 minutes in a Blue shirt. If he could improve his hold up play, he would be superb. His positional play and finishing are both excellent. 

23 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Apparently averages a goal every 71 minutes in a Blue shirt. If he could improve his hold up play, he would be superb. His positional play and finishing are both excellent. 

He also needs to improve his movement and reading of the game as he is too reactive and not proactive. If you get to watch him live, watch him off the ball and how he never moves for a pass and only reacts after the pass has been made. 

Edited by Conte Kante

On 29/09/2017 at 2:37 PM, paulw66 said:

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

He also needs to improve his movement and reading of the game as he is too reactive and not proactive. If you get to watch him live, watch him off the ball and how he never moves for a pass and only reacts after the pass has been made. 

Yeah it's almost as he lacks game intelligence and at the same time not. Great at knowin where he needs to be in the box but terrible outside it. 

Movement, hold up play, general game intelligence and passing needs to step up a level or two. A lot of work left to do but if he's scoring goals in the process it's easier to have patience. 

bluehorn   

He can't play football. Funny guy, superb finisher, will be remembered forever for the title winning goal, but still might as well be a recruitment consultant who can score. Conte clearly doesn't trust him, and we can see why when he attempts to lead the line.  

4 hours ago, bluehorn said:

He can't play football. Funny guy, superb finisher, will be remembered forever for the title winning goal, but still might as well be a recruitment consultant who can score. Conte clearly doesn't trust him, and we can see why when he attempts to lead the line.  

And yet he's still here and we only have one trusted striker who's new to this league. 

Sounds like someone is failing. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

And yet he's still here and we only have one trusted striker who's new to this league. 

Sounds like someone is failing. 

The trouble is it appears to be nobody , it's clearly not Conte , supposedly Emanalo has nothing to do with recruitment of first team players so who exactly is it ? Marina ? On her own? Roman ? Whoever it is wants to be transferred to Gazprom and someone with an understanding of how football works needs to be brought in.

United and City cannot do enough to help , we cannot put enough obstacles in the way of success. 

Mourinho  beforehand and Conte currently are performing miracles.

Sciatika   

If we cannot say who is responsible maybe it is a combination of all of them.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

But we keep being told it's definitely not Emanalo , definitely not .

It certainly isn't Conte , he's not an idiot , so it has to be either Roman playing football manager or his right hand man Marina.

Either way it isn't right to expect any manager to work with one hand tied behind their backs and then sack them when they fail to meet your exacting standards.

They've jerked him around enough already that I fully expect this to be his last season with us before he goes somewhere he's appreciated like Mourinho.

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They've jerked him around enough already that I fully expect this to be his last season with us before he goes somewhere he's appreciated like Mourinho.

Bayern I guess.  

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Of course they are all responsible in part.  And of course a lot of what each of them do is good.  It is just counting beyond 16 that they find difficult.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It certainly isn't Conte , he's not an idiot ,

You don't think that never playing anyone but the first choice 12 or 13 hasn't become a self-fulfilled wish?
I suspect Barklay and O-C didn't come precisely because they don't expect bench players to get much time.