• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Chelsea Sign Michy Batshuayi

2 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Except it wasn't for Crystal Palace, West Ham and Juventus.  I think our Belgian players probably had a fair share of influence on him.

Exactly we probably offered him more money and good luck to the lad. 

Welcome to Chelsea FC.

I look forward to seeing him play, just what we need a young hungry striker rather than the loans we had last season.

Welcome Michy and good luck! Very promising young striker, Chelsea could have got a future star here. Excited to see him play under Antonio. 

Welcome Michy. Boy we needed a striker and we got one. However...

£33m? The English teams continue their great tradition with overpaying by a factor of at least 2. That's an awful lot of money but we and other are happy to spend it and the continental sides more than happy to accept it. Marseille will be able to buy two players for that money who may even be better than the player they sold. So it goes. 

Good luck Michy! Now to the difficult part, how the hell does one pronounce his last name? 

Rob B   

True Dave, but our purchase from Marseille a decade or so ago was also a huge amount of money at the time and look how that turned out :) 

Yes of course, but Drogba was 26 when we signed him and had done it both in the UEFA Cup and the CL. 

But £26m for him at that stage was still a lot. Let's hope Michy achieves just a fraction of what the Drog did! 

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

£33m? The English teams continue their great tradition with overpaying by a factor of at least 2.

Prices have doubled in the last 3 years.  At least.  Wages up a great deal too.

On 6 July 2016 at 0:37 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Prices have doubled in the last 3 years.  At least.  Wages up a great deal too.

Of course. Average player A is transferred for £x. Average player B most also go for at least £x. 

Its a curse. So much money spent and yet we get no more than Teaco eggs for the majority of transfers while the Waitrose eggs go to the top clubs for about the same price as the Tesco eggs. 

Every English club is being treated as we did under those first years with Roman. 

On Thursday, July 07, 2016 at 7:42 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

Every English club is being treated as we did under those first years with Roman. 

Isn't that to be expected though when you consider the amount of money in the premier league?

Teams like Palace are bidding over £30m for players, Watford turned down £37m for Ighalo. 

In a few years time I'd imagine well over half the top 20 richest clubs will be from the premier league.

There is so much money in the league that other than three club's in the rest of Europe nobody can compete with English teams. 

I don't disagree with you, English clubs pay far too much money for players but when you consider how much money you get for coming bottom of the league it's no real suprise.

The real issue for me is the complete lack of scouting, we seem to be happy to watch teams pay very little for players like Batshuayi and Bailly then pay up to 10 times the amount 12 months later.  It's absolutely crazy.