• Current Donation Goals

Sir

N'Golo Kante

kratos   

I was very impressed from last night. The guy has an engine on him and unlike Ramires he can pass too.

I was happy seeing us going to a 3 in midfield where they can cover each other.

Vinod   

In all honesty, Kante felt like the first breath of air after being underwater for 10 too many seconds.

Well put: for the first time in ages, I enjoyed a visit to the Bridge and a celebratory (rather than commiseratory) beer afterwards. Kante is not only energetic and skillful, he seems to enjoy himself. Long may it last.

Good but plenty of mistakes last night where he just fumbled the ball away to the oppo.

I very much suspect that we must have offered a very very big signing on clause (since with a fixed price, the premium is effectively sold by player and agent).

Which is probably right - we did the same with a massive agents fee for Hazard and I have no complaints.

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

James collins made a similar tackle on Oscar, I think, about a minute before. Free kick, no yellow card

Exactly

Rob B   
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good but plenty of mistakes last night where he just fumbled the ball away to the oppo.

I very much suspect that we must have offered a very very big signing on clause (since with a fixed price, the premium is effectively sold by player and agent).

Which is probably right - we did the same with a massive agents fee for Hazard and I have no complaints.

Exactly

Read somewhere he had a 95% pass completion last night - you have high standards! 

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Read somewhere he had a 95% pass completion last night - you have high standards! 

I wonder about those stats.  I guess either he made 80 passes, or when the ball hits you on the chest, falls down onto your knee and bounces off to another player that doesn't count as an incomplete pass.
The thing I saw most clearly is that he is not Makelele.  Better at some things worse at others, but mostly just different.  If you ask me it is Ramires with similar passion,  better passing but not the lightening, see you later, pace.

32 minutes ago, Rob B said:

In Droy's world, nobody is better than Mikel... 125% pass completion, 25 tackles a game, 32 interceptions a game, 3 goals and 2 assists per game, can play anywhere along the back 4, in midfield or up front. Damn, he'd probably be a better keeper than Courtois if given the chance!

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I wonder about those stats.  I guess either he made 80 passes, or when the ball hits you on the chest, falls down onto your knee and bounces off to another player that doesn't count as an incomplete pass.
The thing I saw most clearly is that he is not Makelele.  Better at some things worse at others, but mostly just different.  If you ask me it is Ramires with similar passion,  better passing but not the lightening, see you later, pace.

57 passes, 94.7% completion, 3 of which were deemed long balls.

4 tackles, 1 interception, 2 fouls,1 clearance and 1 dribble.

Personally, I thought he was alright. I don't think he was as impressive overall as some are making it appear, but he was certainly solid and make a few important stops. I think there's plenty more to come though and he'll only get better the more familiar he gets with the players around him. As I discussed a few pages back after the Bremen game, Conte had him at times splitting the CB's as both fullbacks pushed further forward. If we stay with this 1 upfront system then I think this will be a regular feature. He'll add that extra leg speed down back to assist the CB's, and it still allows us to get enough forward to attack in numbers.