Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign N'Golo Kante

82 posts in this topic

Fantastic signing, exactly what we need. As far as CMs go, there is only one CM out there I'd prefer over Kanté and that's Verratti. Had hoped we'd buy him, but didn't dare to believe it would actually happen. 

Well chuffed. Well done to everyone involved.

Nice to see this was done with what Conte wants in a player in mind.  

Welcome N'Golo!

Great signing. Welcome to Chelsea!

If Matic gets his mojo back, then him and Kante would be one hell of a 2 man midfield.

I doubt we'll sign a player we need more than Kante in the next two windows. he's an amazing team player. Never stops running.

Beast!! Superb signing especially for that money (things really have changed in the world when £30m is cheap), how Pogba is worth over three times that is a mystery. 

Seriously excited - welcome N'Golo! I can't wait for us to stop conceding the midfield, and to dominate and power forward. Seems the club finally get the need to buy some serious qualify. I hope Matic stays or we will be a bit short, though RLC, Kantè  and Fab would be brilliant :D 

Edited by chelsea_matt

Excellent news. Lineker thinks it's a bit ****** which is even better.

The fact the player had a choice of where to go and chose us bodes well.

Let's hope we push on from here and support the manager in his endeavours.

Well done to all.

Quality signing.  Will give our defence proper protection, and never stops running, one of the reasons why Leicester won the league last season.

Great signing, Conte is bringing some very much missed physicality back into the side. Has a great engine, likes to keep it simple, but has to be used as a box to box player; for France he was played as a holding midfielder and he left huge gaps in behind(not his type of role, it's best to let him move about with the play).

I would like Kante to have a partner in midfield, someone who is able to move about and do some of the work too; Drinkwater does a lot of running too so let's not take anything away from him by saying Kante was the only workhorse at Leicester. But I will leave my suggestion for a partner in the transfer thread as this is really about Kante as a player.