• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign N'Golo Kante

56 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Great debut. Covered vast swathes of space, making tackles, interceptions, and little toe pokes that ensured we maintained possession and a constant intensity. Of course, we all knew this. What I didn't know is how tidy a passer he is. Generally makes the right pass, whether it's short or spread wide. 

Yes, I'd prefer him higher up the pitch, but by sitting back and locking down that area it allows the men forward some freedom on the ball knowing there's a terrier behind them cleaning up. 

Still can't believe we have him. 

Yep, a very encouraging debut. I agree with everything you said would just add his positioning sense is insane, always seems to be in the right place with and without the ball. He just seems to read the game so well. He was never static and was always in the right place to receive the ball and as you say has a good passing range and vision to go with it.

1 hour ago, A Blue Essien said:

Great debut. Covered vast swathes of space, making tackles, interceptions, and little toe pokes that ensured we maintained possession and a constant intensity. Of course, we all knew this. What I didn't know is how tidy a passer he is. Generally makes the right pass, whether it's short or spread wide. 

Yes, I'd prefer him higher up the pitch, but by sitting back and locking down that area it allows the men forward some freedom on the ball knowing there's a terrier behind them cleaning up. 

Still can't believe we have him. 

It's certainly a real coup that we do have him. I still can't believe he only went for £30m and that we actually got him. He's a real star and a fantastic midfielder. 

Pass completion rate of 95%, granted generally not many passes in the final third but we have other players that has that in their job description. Him and Matic had 8 ball recoveries each and Kante and Oscar a lot of successful tackles. 

A midfield consisting of Kante, Matic and Oscar has everything imo as long as Oscar can maintain his form over a season. Tempo, speed and ability to cover ground won't be a problem with these three guys. Pass accuracy isn't an issue either - but yes, we do lose a bit of creativity without Fabregas but the gains overshadows this imo.

I loved Jose's high tempo, high press set-up. Unfortunately that fizzed out once the weaknesses in the players become apparent (speed in the middle mainly). Hopefully another quick CB to the roster will solve this issue once and for all. 

25 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yep, a very encouraging debut. I agree with everything you said would just add his positioning sense is insane, always seems to be in the right place with and without the ball. He just seems to read the game so well. He was never static and was always in the right place to receive the ball and as you say has a good passing range and vision to go with it.

Yes, I noticed that. His positional sense and reading of the game is excellent, that of an experienced campaigner, not a 25 year old in his sophomore year in the league. Even when he's caught out of position, his insane acceleration ensures he makes up the space in no time.

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It's certainly a real coup that we do have him. I still can't believe he only went for £30m and that we actually got him. He's a real star and a fantastic midfielder. 

Pass completion rate of 95%, granted generally not many passes in the final third but we have other players that has that in their job description. Him and Matic had 8 ball recoveries each and Kante and Oscar a lot of successful tackles. 

A midfield consisting of Kante, Matic and Oscar has everything imo as long as Oscar can maintain his form over a season. Tempo, speed and ability to cover ground won't be a problem with these three guys. Pass accuracy isn't an issue either - but yes, we do lose a bit of creativity without Fabregas but the gains overshadows this imo.

I loved Jose's high tempo, high press set-up. Unfortunately that fizzed out once the weaknesses in the players become apparent (speed in the middle mainly). Hopefully another quick CB to the roster will solve this issue once and for all. 

Yes, it's very encouraging how we've suddenly gone from a midfield that gets overrun to a hard running, constant tackling trio that won't lose many battles. Early days, but good signs. 

ha ha I thought that, thank goodness he didn't get the second yellow we might need to sign a backup for when he's inevitably suspended

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Welcome to Chelsea, N'Golo. One foul = one yellow. This isn't Leicester City, you know. 

That's what makes his performance so much more impressive. He basically played 91 mins of football on a yellow and only committed one more foul all game. 

Remarkable. 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

That's what makes his performance so much more impressive. He basically played 91 mins of football on a yellow and only committed one more foul all game. 

Remarkable. 

Biggest joke of a yellow I have ever seen too. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Biggest joke of a yellow I have ever seen too. 

Not sure it was the biggest joke. I think it was a yellow on reflection. 

The gripe is we never get such decisions in our favour. The opposition can basically do as they please with Hazard and they may get a yellow with 5 mins to go. 

But then again the "independent" panel didn't even give a retrospective ban for a career ending tackle so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised anymore. 

paulw66   
Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

Not sure it was the biggest joke. I think it was a yellow on reflection. 

The gripe is we never get such decisions in our favour. The opposition can basically do as they please with Hazard and they may get a yellow with 5 mins to go. 

But then again the "independent" panel didn't even give a retrospective ban for a career ending tackle so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised anymore. 

Maybe I was exaggerating a touch, but there is no way that yellow is given to a west ham player. First foul of the game, surely there is room for some common sense.

Lucas last year at the bridge did four of those before being booked 

37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Maybe I was exaggerating a touch, but there is no way that yellow is given to a west ham player. First foul of the game, surely there is room for some common sense.

Lucas last year at the bridge did four of those before being booked 

James collins made a similar tackle on Oscar, I think, about a minute before. Free kick, no yellow card

Edited by Martin1905