• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign N'Golo Kante

7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Wow... Has he even been our best player this season though?

Probably not. Dave, Luiz and Hazard could all stake a claim.

It's more of a 2 year appreciation vote, I think. Anyways, he's ours and he's brilliant. 

17 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

It's more of a 2 year appreciation vote, I think. Anyways, he's ours and he's brilliant. 

I think it's hard to call between Kante, Hazard and Luiz as to who's been our best player this season.

Luiz has come back to us a far better player than when he left and is one of, if not the, best centre half in the league. He's far more mature than when he left, is a real character, a winner and a leader. He has been colossal this season and has proved all the doubters wrong.

Hazard is by far and away the best player in the league when he's on form and at times this season he has been scintillating. When he's good he's outrageous and he has been good more often than not this season. He would have got my vote.

Kante has been monstrous, an absolute freak and to do what he has done in his two seasons in England is unprecedented.  I think he is the best in the world at what he does and personally I wouldn't swap him for ANY other CM. 

I think all three have been immense and in my opinion are the best three players in the league and although I'd have given it to Hazard as I think he has been our best player this year I agree with you that it's not just about this year but also last season and Kante thoroughly deserved the award.

Kante by some way. 
Next would be

For a sustained spell of being terriffic - Costa for just over half the season.

For being best whenever on the pitch - Fabregas - even challenges Kante for this.

For being great for at least 75% of games - Hazard

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kante by some way. 
Next would be

For a sustained spell of being terriffic - Costa for just over half the season.

For being best whenever on the pitch - Fabregas - even challenges Kante for this.

For being great for at least 75% of games - Hazard

I utterly love your posts Droy, please don't ever change. You are like Karl Pilkington; if you are being serious and this is genuinely how you are and what you think then you are stark raving bonkers but if you are a comedy act then you a probably the finest comedian going today.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

"Best" is a difficult word to define......I would say he has been the most important in respect of our turnaround in fortunes. He is exactly what we missed in midfield last season 

Personally, I would have gone for Hazard or Luiz. Kante has also been good though - I would rank him alongside Azpili and Teebo definitely.

Fabregas has also been utterly brilliant whenever he has featured. 

7 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

See I would say he has, he has been so consistent. There is a case for Luiz mainly as he has shone partly because he has surprised us, not only us. Hazard has gone a bit quiet on occasion but Kante has silently gone about being Kante in every match. The very fact he has done his disruptive role without getting a ban and add to that the boy can pass and even occasionally score. I think its right he is recognized.

That the award has not gone to a glory type of player should also be welcomed, we can't all be 25+ strikers a season

We have had a lot of top performances this season. Some already mentioned but also Moses and Alonso deserve mention on the wings as have Cahil and Dave at the back, they have all done their job impeccably. 

Edited by exiledblue

23 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Without question. It's Kante, followed by a bit of a distance. For me, he's set the rhythm of the team this season, and then some.

That's not to say that others haven't been great too - Hazard, Moses, Luiz, Azpi, etc., have all been terrific. It's been a real team effort for the most part, which augers well for the coming weeks. But Kante has proven to be the buy of last summer.

On 25 April 2017 at 7:47 AM, chelsea_matt said:

Pogba £90m 

Kantè £32m

Seems legit. 

Wait, what?

I remember having had this discussion with someone last summer and before that even in regards to Pogba. I was always suspicious of his true ability and have never really been that impressed when I've watched him. 

At Juve he had a very specific role and was supported by some top class players throughout. At United he's supposed to be the main man and in that regard the situation is new to him. 

Kante has just swapped Leicester for Chelsea but is essentially doing what he did there. It's less of an adjustment needed for him. 

But my number one players I wanted last summer was Kante and Verratti. Kante we got but I don't think we'll ever manage to get Verratti. A midfield of Kante and Verratti would be absolutely sublime and would hold their own against anyone.