• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 WAC RZ Pellets 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our second pre-season friendly of the new season against WAC RZ Pellets at Worthersee Stadium, Klagenfurt, Austria, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:00, Wednesday 20th July, 2016

Should be a similar line up as the last game, seeing as whoever's joined up in the past few days won't be fit enough to feature. I wonder if some of those who featured briefly (Traore, Kenedy, Atsu) will get more playing time. Also interesting to see how much time the likes of Aina, RLC, and Chalobah get. 

The youngsters are fighting for a spot in the squad and this could be one of their last chances.

I think they beat us last year.

I wonder why we are playing teams just about to start their season when everyone else is playing those just returning to training ?

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think they beat us last year.

I wonder why we are playing teams just about to start their season when everyone else is playing those just returning to training ?

I'm just happy we haven't decided to do a preseason tour in Timbuktu or some other God forsaken part of the world with the aim of selling a few Chelsea shirts outside of the Chelsea Mega Store. 

cam4blue   
50 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'm just happy we haven't decided to do a preseason tour in Timbuktu or some other God forsaken part of the world with the aim of selling a few Chelsea shirts outside of the Chelsea Mega Store. 

We're still doing the US tour aren't we? Same 10 hour flight over and back, and the same 4 hour flight between games as if we were going to China and touring the Far East. Same disrupted training too. 

I get why we do it, but it makes it hard for the players and the coaches. 

At least we are going to have a little break between coming back and the season opener, and at least we haven't got 3 games in a week finishing with the first league game of the season like last year. That was an absolute farce.  

^ Are we? Oh for pities sake. I'd much rather we played a few games against the likes of MKDons or Peterborough . I bloody hate those foreign tours. 

7 hours ago, cam4blue said:

At least we are going to have a little break between coming back and the season opener, and at least we haven't got 3 games in a week finishing with the first league game of the season like last year. That was an absolute farce.  

True. However, the club has recently added another game to the originally listed schedule. Werder Bremen at the Weserstadion on Sunday August 7th. That's 4 days after our last U.S. game. Happily we don't start the Prem until Tuesday 16th. Mind you, that does give them time to schedule at least another game.......:).

kev61   

By this stage a good manager should start seeing the dead wood.Certain players will not feature,other players like cuadrado will get a chance.a bold move from conte to give a player that mourhino didn't rate as well as Moses.We can win the premiership with the players we have IMO.It would give me great pleasure to finish above manu and see mourhino squirm in his press conferences

ripz   

Team to face WAC RZ Pellets: Begovic, Ivanovic, Terry (c), Djilobodji, Aina, Willian, Matic, Oscar, Moses, Traore, Diego Costa. #CFC

Quite interesting, Aina in for Baba, Oscar probably in midfield (where I like him) instead of Mikel and 2 up front. Good positive moves and I agree with them all, Baba Mikel and RLC really didn't impress in the first game. Thumbs up to Conte :)

Subs: Blackman, Delac, Miazga, Hector, Chalobah, Baba Rahman, Mikel, Cuevas, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek, Atsu, Remy. #CFCTour