• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 AC Milan 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our next pre-season friendly of the new season, the International Champions Cup match against AC Milan at U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday 3rd August, 2016 (Local [CDT] time/date), or 02:30, Thursday, 4th August, 2016 (UK time/date).

abc

Vinod   

Expecting the second forward to play closer to the central midfielders in this game, effectively making it a 4-2-3-1.

Oh, and Kante on please. 

Some papers saying Costa will play. Does this mean that he's recovered from his "bad back"? ;-)

Zoowraa   

We must be getting close to first starting eleven now. Would like to see the following for this game

Courtois

Aina, Brana, JT, Azpilicueta 

Cuadrado , Kante , Fabregas, Willian

Batshuayi, Costa

15 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

We must be getting close to first starting eleven now. Would like to see the following for this game

Courtois

Aina, Brana, JT, Azpilicueta 

Cuadrado , Kante , Fabregas, Willian

Batshuayi, Costa

Really??? Even without the dislocated shoulder he currently has, I don't want to see him anywhere near the starting XI unless every other defender (including those in the U21 and U18 squads) is unavailable.

Zoowraa   
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Really??? Even without the dislocated shoulder he currently has, I don't want to see him anywhere near the starting XI unless every other defender (including those in the U21 and U18 squads) is unavailable.

I don't want to see him at RB, but at CB I actually think he would be a more reliable partner for JT than Cahill at present. Cahill seems to be declining just as fast as Brana, but Brana just being able to defend in CB position will be an improvement on him at RB.

I thought he was back training now, sure I seen him with the squad on Chelsea tv 

43 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

I don't want to see him at RB, but at CB I actually think he would be a more reliable partner for JT than Cahill at present. Cahill seems to be declining just as fast as Brana, but Brana just being able to defend in CB position will be an improvement on him at RB.

I thought he was back training now, sure I seen him with the squad on Chelsea tv 

Last season when Terry was out really should have showed everybody why Brana at CB should never be an option. 

Even League 1 opposition took advantage of his insanely bad positioning and complete lack of any football intelligence. 

God. I'm so sick and tired of him. Absolutely ******* useless. If he played at City we'd all laugh at him just like we (me at least) laugh at Kompany. 

Zoowraa   
8 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Last season when Terry was out really should have showed everybody why Brana at CB should never be an option. 

Even League 1 opposition took advantage of his insanely bad positioning and complete lack of any football intelligence. 

God. I'm so sick and tired of him. Absolutely ******* useless. If he played at City we'd all laugh at him just like we (me at least) laugh at Kompany. 

Performances can change from one season to another. Hazard is proof of that. Maybe he was carrying an problem last season, maybe he was just not happy or had other things on his mind. I can see where your coming from with his performances last season, however, it's not always as black and white as to why a player can play well/bad/well again. 

chara   

Be interesting to see the line up..I get the impression that these preseason games have been utilized as tryout games as indeed they should be ,,think Fabergas would have played against RM if not suspended which would have given the game a different aspect.

All the speculation about tactics etc are just that proof of the pudding etc will be when the real games start.

Although I hate to see Chelsea lose ANY game the preseason games are for the (new) manager to see how things work and how individuals respond to things.

11 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

Performances can change from one season to another. Hazard is proof of that. Maybe he was carrying an problem last season, maybe he was just not happy or had other things on his mind. I can see where your coming from with his performances last season, however, it's not always as black and white as to why a player can play well/bad/well again. 

Yeah but in my opinion he should have been dropped and Mourinho didn't do it. those first half a dozen games were pretty dire, so if he had an injury why was he played?. I guess in a perverse way that injury on international duty was a blessing in disguise. He starts off this season with a clean slate, but  I'd prefer (much actually) if he wasn't an automatic starter any more and was just a squad player, so in effect no longer one of the fantastic fourteen!