Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holymoly

FA Cup 2016-17

13 posts in this topic

No, not at all. A wayward shot that, under normal circumstances would have flown over the crossbar, didn't go out of play because of the wind. So instead of sailing harmlessly over the crossbar, the wind held it up enough so it instead hit the crossbar and bounced back for a player following up to score. Quite simple really... one doesn't need a degree in physics to understand the principle.

That's a goal.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:09 AM, Holymoly said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37174235

Surely if the ball was "kept in play by the wind" and landed on the crossbar then the likelyhood is it was blown back from out of play, so it should have been a goal kick?

I agree - almost certainly went beyond and came back.  

How can Pep continue saying Bravo is a better keeper than Hart? Huddersfield one up after 6 minutes with a shot anyone but Bravo would have stopped. Laughable... and long may his delusions continue!

Kasey Palmer I guess is injured.  But is there a reason why Izzy Brown is neither playing nor on the bench for Huddersfield?

34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kasey Palmer I guess is injured.  But is there a reason why Izzy Brown is neither playing nor on the bench for Huddersfield?

Apparently it's their reserve side.

The 1/4 final against United is going to be interesting as United travel away to Rostov midweek before the match.

This with home advantage and possibly players wanting to get another one over Jose should put us in pole position yet what team Conte selects will also certainly be a factor.

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

The 1/4 final against United is going to be interesting as United travel away to Rostov midweek before the match.

This with home advantage and possibly players wanting to get another one over Jose should put us in pole position yet what team Conte selects will also certainly be a factor.

I can't see anything other than the strongest XI available... Conte didn't field less than full strength sides in earlier games because "it's only the FA Cup" but because he felt those "weakened" teams were still strong enough to despatch the opposition, whilst giving fringe players time in real match situations to get used to the playing style he, Conte, wants to play.

Unless we lose our league games between now and the United game, we'll be ever closer to the title, so fielding a "weakened" team in the quarter finals against a top Premiership side makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Agree yet Conte seems to be his own man, I wouldn't be surprised if he brings in Ake for Cahill I just hope he does not play JT in a back three.