Michael Tucker

Swansea City 2 Chelsea 2

313 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday 11th September, 2016 (UK time/date).

This match will depend entirely on how much Martinez the snake runs Hazard and Batshuayi into the ground.

I'm sure he'll have Hazard train all day and play as many minutes as humanly impossible.

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure he'll have Hazard train all day and play as many minutes as humanly impossible.

In fairness, Mark, that'd be more than most of his managers at Chelsea have managed to achieve.............:)

4 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I hate international breaks with a passion.

I can see absolutely no reason for international football to even exist these days. Racism, hooliganism, rampant corruption, and xenophobic flag-waving and chest-beating: It's an unpleasant anachronism that we could well do without (just like Sepp Blatter, really). Just my opinion though.......I'm sure that there's plenty who love it all the same.

I don't hate it - far too much energy. But I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch decent players reduced to playing second rate football because they (or one of their ancestors) happen to have been born in a particular place. It's not like being from the same country means that you only need to train together for a few days to achieve the kinds of understanding you normally get from working day-in, day-out with your club colleagues. And, let's face it, the vast majority of the world's population doesn't have a bat's chancel in hell of winning anything except an occasional qualification in a tournament.

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I don't hate it - far too much energy. But I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch decent players reduced to playing second rate football because they (or one of their ancestors) happen to have been born in a particular place. It's not like being from the same country means that you only need to train together for a few days to achieve the kinds of understanding you normally get from working day-in, day-out with your club colleagues. And, let's face it, the vast majority of the world's population doesn't have a bat's chancel in hell of winning anything except an occasional qualification in a tournament.

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I don't hate it - far too much energy. But I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch decent players reduced to playing second rate football because they (or one of their ancestors) happen to have been born in a particular place. 

Actually for many countries iit is as likely to be a child as an ancestor. Which I'd add is fine by me. And I don't watch anyway. 

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I can see absolutely no reason for international football to even exist these days. Racism, hooliganism, rampant corruption, and xenophobic flag-waving and chest-beating: It's an unpleasant anachronism that we could well do without (just like Sepp Blatter, really). Just my opinion though.......I'm sure that there's plenty who love it all the same.

I wouldn't do away with it completely as I think for a lot of people and countries it is still very important - even though it is second rate to club football. Persoanlly, I think it should have its 'own season' with club football running Sept-April and international football May-June. That way you would get rid of the stopping and starting which is what annoys me the most. 

10 hours ago, Sciatika said:

You mirror my views here. I don't get this notion that we should all passionately support the country because we happen to be born there. I also don't get this affiliation we are meant to have with English players, based on the fact we were born in the same country, potentially 150 miles away from each other .

This is the worst international break out of all of them. Season just started, window close its new players arriving and now we have to wait 2 weeks for anything to happen.

1 person likes this