• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Departs For Arsenal

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Happy birthday Chara! and Mark I wish you a speedy  recovery you are one of few people that have challenged and changed my mind with your knowledge and intelligence.My mate Tommy Breslin died recently he was my friend from primary school and was the most successful manager Cliftonville fc ever had(a northern Irish team) we had many discussions about football and like you Mark never tried to ram  his opinion down your throat - sadly missed by me.

Thanks Kev , appreciated mate !

Flinkers   
13 hours ago, chara said:

Hey Mark..sorry it'd a bit late and hopefully you are asleep and in a "good" place..all the best for a quick recovery.

This on a day that I should have been in a bed in hospital recovering from a knee replacement yesterday...unfortunately due to a tooth problem(resolved) it was postponed until 20th Aug.

Oh and today is my birthday so maybe for the best!....so ..with you in every way...

Many squabbles on here but always when the chips are down we all reach out to fellow Chelsea guys and gals.

Belated Happy Birthday, Chara!!

David Luiz said he left Chelsea to join Arsenal because of his "ambition" and to experience a "new challenge".

The 32-year-old centre-half made his Gunners debut in Saturday's 2-1 Premier League home win over Burnley after his move on transfer deadline day.

Chelsea, who beat Arsenal in the Europa League final, came third in the league last season with Arsenal fifth.

"I am a guy with ambition and that is why I moved. I like a new a challenge and new things in my life," said Luiz.

"This is what gives me oxygen and gives me motivation and also to really enjoy this moment.

"I could have chosen a comfortable zone and got money and be cool and that is it."

New Chelsea manager Frank Lampard told Luiz he would not be a guaranteed regular starter in his team and then allowed the Brazil international, who won six major honours in two spells at the club, to move across London to Emirates Stadium.

Luiz is expected to become a big part of Gunners' boss Unai Emery's plans and played alongside Sokratis Papastathopoulos as Arsenal gained their second win from two games this season.

"Everyone knows I was so happy at Chelsea and won many trophies there," added Luiz. "I had a real honest conversation with Lamps, and Lamps had different ideas for his plans for the year.

"So the best way for me to respect the club where I can was to move on, try a new challenge and give him the opportunity to do his job.

"My philosophy on life is to be positive and to be a dreamer. I have my health, I can dream and we [Arsenal] can fight for something big."

JaneB   

Yes of course David 🙄

Ham   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

"So the best way for me to respect the club where I can was to move on.......

...... to a direct local rival who could end up taking a CL spot from us"

He's so full of sh1t.

Pretty clear from those quotes that Lampard told Luiz he wasn’t first choice and Luiz then countered with asking for a move. 

That he moved to Arsenal was probably more to do with them being ready to make an offer than him actually asking for that move specifically. 

No reason for any hard feelings. 

54 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes of course David 🙄

This... 

45 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's so full of sh1t.

And this... What other move did he have? 

Lots to the story we don't know, but reads to me like we shafted him by giving him a two year deal and then telling him he wasn't needed with hardly any time to sort a move. 

13 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Pretty clear from those quotes that Lampard told Luiz he wasn’t first choice and Luiz then countered with asking for a move. 

That he moved to Arsenal was probably more to do with them being ready to make an offer than him actually asking for that move specifically. 

A thread we agree in. 

The 'ambition' headline some papers have run with is naughty. It is clear in context his 'ambition' was to play regularly in a high-standard league, and for all the other ambitions we have helped him achieve it seems this was one we had become an obstacle to. 

18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No reason at all.  Which will be frustrating for some.

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's so full of sh1t.

tut tut

Ham   

He had the option to stay and fight for his place.  Let's not declare him the victim in this just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

He had the option to stay and fight for his place.  Let's not declare him the victim in this just yet. 

Fair enough - is that an apology for what you said in your last post?