• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Joins Arsenal

Recommended Posts

Surely this can't be true?  He only just signed a 2 year contract. Transfer fee would have to be irrefusable, £20 million minimum even if he's 32. He might have his flaws but he is integral this year. 

 

Edited by samhoward17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not great news if its true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this is why Koscielny downed tools so abruptly and left for Bordeaux ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if this is why Koscielny downed tools so abruptly and left for Bordeaux ?

I believe his situation was because he wanted to leave at the end of his contract last season, Arsenal then activated their one year extension option and he was stuck. Hence forcing the situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   

So he's off then. Managed to win the PL during his second spell and for all his faults, he was a great character.

Just unfortunate it's to Arsenal but oh well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming for a moment that the rumours are true as regards DL leaving.

Clearly at this late stage, there has probably been some sort of disagreement/disenchantment/breaking down of trust - between the new management and DL.

Possibly not a bad thing for FL and his team to 'flex their muscles', showing of authority and/or simply a message that if you don't want to conform, play our way and be part of the team, then we will have no problem with moving you on. Especially with a more 'senior' type player. Flip side of that coin is perhaps that one or two more precious souls react badly to this type of stance.

Frank's experienced enough to have made proper and reasoned judgements and I'd trust him on this occasion.

Conte clearly had his fill of DL after the Watford away game (Bakayoko got sent off in the first half and we lost 4-1 or 4-2?) and Luiz barely tried, he was disgraceful. That showed for me that he had it in him to put his own interests well before the teams and you cannot have people in the spine of your side doing that.

We move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if this is why Koscielny downed tools so abruptly and left for Bordeaux ?

I think that them signing Luiz is probably the reaction to Koscielny leaving. 

58 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Assuming for a moment that the rumours are true as regards DL leaving.

Clearly at this late stage, there has probably been some sort of disagreement/disenchantment/breaking down of trust - between the new management and DL.

Possibly not a bad thing for FL and his team to 'flex their muscles', showing of authority and/or simply a message that if you don't want to conform, play our way and be part of the team, then we will have no problem with moving you on. Especially with a more 'senior' type player. Flip side of that coin is perhaps that one or two more precious souls react badly to this type of stance.

Frank's experienced enough to have made proper and reasoned judgements and I'd trust him on this occasion.

Conte clearly had his fill of DL after the Watford away game (Bakayoko got sent off in the first half and we lost 4-1 or 4-2?) and Luiz barely tried, he was disgraceful. That showed for me that he had it in him to put his own interests well before the teams and you cannot have people in the spine of your side doing that.

We move on.

Yes we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   

To be honest, if a player that essentially just forced the club to abandon their over 30s contract policy in order to get the contract he wants decides he's going to demand a move out because he can't face the idea of following instructions of the manager on the pitch and competing for his place in the team, then that's on him.  

If he also decides that the move he wants is to a direct rival rather than going to another league, that's also on him.  

Sounds like he's been bossed by the manager when he's got too big for his boots.

He can jog on as far as I'm concerned.  Chelsea have been good to David Luiz over the years.  He's done very well out of playing for us (and being re-signed by us when his stock was low after heavy criticism during his PSG stint).  If forcing a move to Arsenal late in the window when he knows we can't buy a replacement is his way of treating the club, then Arsenal are welcome to him. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bert19 said:

To be honest, if a player that essentially just forced the club to abandon their over 30s contract policy in order to get the contract he wants decides he's going to demand a move out because he can't face the idea of following instructions of the manager on the pitch and competing for his place in the team, then that's on him.  

There is a massive amount of supposition in there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is a massive amount of supposition in there.  

Hence use of the word 'if' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now