• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Joins Arsenal

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not this page, not the page before.  I sometimes wonder if you have any opinions other than dwmh was wrong.  

That is the presiding one garnered from experience.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That is the presiding one garnered from experience.

Of course it would help if you knew the difference between what I have said repeatedly and what you have claimed I have said.  

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of course it would help if you knew the difference between what I have said repeatedly and what you have claimed I have said.  

Why ? You don't.

ffs this is boring. 

Could be a falling out, could be that Lampard and the board have always been okay with Luiz going and the call only came when Koscienly was sold. Maybe we weren't as okay with Sarri going as the PR campaign suggests and we gave Luiz a contract to placate Sarri. We don't know. We probably never will. Lampard will say something professional, Luiz will say something magnanimous, people will read too deeply into what they say and then in a few weeks some will strongly assert they specifically remember Lampard and Luiz literally saying whatever suits the argument they're in. 

Edited by thevelourfog

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

ffs this is boring. 

Could be a falling out, could be that Lampard and the board have always been okay with Luiz going and the call only came when Koscienly was sold. Maybe we weren't as okay with Sarri going as the PR campaign suggests and we gave Luiz a contract to placate Sarri. We don't know. We probably never will. Lampard will say something professional, Luiz will say something magnanimous, people will read too deeply into what they say and then in a few weeks some will strongly assert they specifically remember Lampard and Luiz literally saying whatever suits the argument they're in. 

Yep, I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

Sir   

Bit of a blow, isn’t it? I was of the opinion we need depth not lose it, especially with his experience and being of captain type.. can’t really see the club of wanting this happen or am I wrong? How many CB’s do we have? I guess with Zouma you have to hope nothing major happens to him.

David Luiz signs for Arsenal from Chelsea on two-year deal

David Luiz has joined Arsenal from Chelsea

Arsenal have completed the signing of David Luiz from Chelsea on a two-year deal for a fee of £8m.

The Brazilian centre-back, who made 248 appearances for Chelsea across two spells with the club, underwent his medical on Deadline Day after the two sides agreed a fee.

I could understand us letting Cech go there as there were extenuating circumstances but giving Luiz to Arsenal for £8million is ****ing ridiculous. 

Out second best CB going to what will be a very close rival this season for relative peanuts, he’s easily their best defender now ffs. 

What are we doing weakening ourselves and strengthening a direct rival? I’m what promises to be a tough season anyway!

I really hope the club have adjusted their expectations accordingly. 

xCELERYx   

Good luck to him. Likeable character, but still showcases the same boyhood mistakes at 32. 

He wasn't our answer, nor will he be Arsenal's. 

"My cycle finished there" sounds a lot like he was told he wasn't needed. Someone said earlier we would take the quotes asgospel but, honestly which chelsea player would consider an arsenal transfer an upward career move? Interested to hear what Lamps has to say on Friday, hope he doesn't pull any punches.

We are taking a massive risk this season, on all fronts, les just hope there are some big positive rewards from it.