• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Joins Arsenal

Recommended Posts

This was the actual quote from Frank earlier today:
 

"David’s obviously left. We’d had some conversations over the last week, honest conversations because I know David well, and I think the conclusion of that was that he moved on. It’s an area of the pitch where I have competition, and people will be needing to make that shirt their own. I don’t have ones and twos and threes, I have people competing for the position. I don’t have it set in my mind.

He’s moved on. I and everyone at the club wish him the best, because he’s been part of some really good things in our recent history, and now he moves on to play elsewhere.

In terms of fallouts, no. There were honest conversations. As a player I always expected honesty from a manager, whatever the news, and I think I got that back from David, hence why he ends up moving to Arsenal. The day David didn’t train it was a decision I made because we were in the middle of this, and it was quite clear which way it was going, but it was not a strike or a punishment or being ostracised, it was just a decision for that day."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   

Wish you well Mark 😀

In my family too so I empathise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My nan died of bowel cancer , I'm of the age so my local nhs called me in for screening and I had three polyps removed a month ago and five more yesterday , and the sedation didn't kick in until two hours later . It was horrendous tbh , apparently it effects people differently , some can take the pain others can't . I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack .

All the best , Perhaps close your eyes  and avoid whats likely to be a messy few months on the pitch, Then things may be more settled  all will return to its harmonious state.-ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone , much appreciated . At least I feel much better today , Luiz to Arsenal aside !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinkers   
11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thanks everyone , much appreciated . At least I feel much better today , Luiz to Arsenal aside !!!!

The hardest part for me was the three days of no food after the procedure and waiting for the biopsy results - uncomfortable from the excision, nervous and tetchy from lack of food does not help one's mood at all!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Mark!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

This was the actual quote from Frank earlier today:
 

"David’s obviously left. We’d had some conversations over the last week, honest conversations because I know David well, and I think the conclusion of that was that he moved on. It’s an area of the pitch where I have competition, and people will be needing to make that shirt their own. I don’t have ones and twos and threes, I have people competing for the position. I don’t have it set in my mind.

He’s moved on. I and everyone at the club wish him the best, because he’s been part of some really good things in our recent history, and now he moves on to play elsewhere.

In terms of fallouts, no. There were honest conversations. As a player I always expected honesty from a manager, whatever the news, and I think I got that back from David, hence why he ends up moving to Arsenal. The day David didn’t train it was a decision I made because we were in the middle of this, and it was quite clear which way it was going, but it was not a strike or a punishment or being ostracised, it was just a decision for that day."

 

My interpretation of the above is DL wanted to be a guaranteed starter, the manager says he can't and/or doesn't give those sorts of assurances. DL jumps up and down, spits his dummy out and the manager says thanks for your service, pull the door too on your way out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

My nan died of bowel cancer , I'm of the age so my local nhs called me in for screening and I had three polyps removed a month ago and five more yesterday , and the sedation didn't kick in until two hours later . It was horrendous tbh , apparently it effects people differently , some can take the pain others can't . I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack .

Have empathy with you on this, I'm also of the age where the NHS take a more active interest in men's bowels. Had the screening and it's uncomfortable enough without having to have any polyps removed. 

Looking on the positive side, I lost 5lbs whilst doing the prep for the screening (you'll know what I mean! 😷).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

My nan died of bowel cancer , I'm of the age so my local nhs called me in for screening and I had three polyps removed a month ago and five more yesterday , and the sedation didn't kick in until two hours later . It was horrendous tbh , apparently it effects people differently , some can take the pain others can't . I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack .

Late to the party, but you're good craic and a top bloke even when we disagree. Us Kelly's got to stick together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, East Lower said:

My interpretation of the above is DL wanted to be a guaranteed starter, the manager says he can't and/or doesn't give those sorts of assurances. DL jumps up and down, spits his dummy out and the manager says thanks for your service, pull the door too on your way out.

Not what SFL thinks at all.
Plenty of people were saying that yesterday, and it may well be right.  But no one should pretend that Franks statement today supports that idea (or is against it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

This was the actual quote from Frank earlier today:
 

"David’s obviously left. We’d had some conversations over the last week, honest conversations because I know David well, and I think the conclusion of that was that he moved on. It’s an area of the pitch where I have competition, and people will be needing to make that shirt their own. I don’t have ones and twos and threes, I have people competing for the position. I don’t have it set in my mind.

He’s moved on. I and everyone at the club wish him the best, because he’s been part of some really good things in our recent history, and now he moves on to play elsewhere.

In terms of fallouts, no. There were honest conversations. As a player I always expected honesty from a manager, whatever the news, and I think I got that back from David, hence why he ends up moving to Arsenal. The day David didn’t train it was a decision I made because we were in the middle of this, and it was quite clear which way it was going, but it was not a strike or a punishment or being ostracised, it was just a decision for that day."

 

Reading that I’m pretty sure I was right all along regarding what happened. Lamps has said Luiz isn’t an automatic starter, perhaps even stating some of his recent displays aren’t good enough. Luiz, being 32, wants to play and moved on.

Maybe that’s the story they want to sell, but it is certainly the story I gather from his words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now