• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Joins Arsenal

Holymoly   
12 minutes ago, East Lower said:

DL is far from a good enough player to make any demands regarding role or playing time 

I'd like to think that DL became aware that there would be no names inked in on the team sheet and that everyone would be expected to begin from the ground floor. This is the only way the club would be able to integrate the younger players successfully. Accordingly, the "conversations" occurred and, being one of the oldest members of the squad, DL saw the writing on the wall. He loves London and rather like Cech before him viewed Arsenal as an opportunity to play pretty much every week to see out his career. I don't begrudge him his decision, especially as hopefully we won't miss him too often with the options we now have available.

Hopefully this sends out a message to the rest of the squad that they will play, not because of who they are but how they are playing and how their form is shaping up. Chelsea FC is becoming a meritocracy and less of an old boys club. The professionals will thrive and the divas will fall by the wayside.

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'd like to think that DL became aware that there would be no names inked in on the team sheet

Kepa, Rudiger, Azpi, Kante and Jorginho are inked on the team sheet.  Pretty sure that if the goal was to win something this year instead of re-build, then Luiz would have been inked in too.

Hack:  Are there any names inked on the team sheet Mr Lampard.
SFL:  er...

8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Hopefully this sends out a message to the rest of the squad that they will play,

I think the message is that anyone over 30 or just plain ordinary (most of the squad) will get moved on as soon as we can get better players.

chara   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

And this is why there's no place I'd rather be when I cheer on the best team in the World !

You guys are the best !

Hey Mark..sorry it'd a bit late and hopefully you are asleep and in a "good" place..all the best for a quick recovery.

This on a day that I should have been in a bed in hospital recovering from a knee replacement yesterday...unfortunately due to a tooth problem(resolved) it was postponed until 20th Aug.

Oh and today is my birthday so maybe for the best!....so ..with you in every way...

Many squabbles on here but always when the chips are down we all reach out to fellow Chelsea guys and gals.

Ham   
19 minutes ago, chara said:

Hey Mark..sorry it'd a bit late and hopefully you are asleep and in a "good" place..all the best for a quick recovery.

This on a day that I should have been in a bed in hospital recovering from a knee replacement yesterday...unfortunately due to a tooth problem(resolved) it was postponed until 20th Aug.

Oh and today is my birthday so maybe for the best!....so ..with you in every way...

Many squabbles on here but always when the chips are down we all reach out to fellow Chelsea guys and gals.

Happy birthday Chara. 🍺🍺

chara   

The Luiz of the Conte winning season was waaay up there but thanks..I think..to Aguero he missed the next awful season without being missed that much. Terrible season for many reasons.

Last season he was ok but more inclined to glaring errors..as a modest keeper I commented that for The Kepa playing his first EPL season having DL in front of him wouldn't have been a "steadying" presence.

Sorry he is away but not enough to really worry..it will be a very trying season..with or without DL. Compare JT as he began to fade...still a rock and a real leader...if he made an error he didn't look around for someone to blame. DL is not the leader some would like him to be and certainly not with the youngsters needed this season. I still remember him in the WC..nuff said..

As I mentioned before both DL and Zouma before his bad injury always looked better with JT there...Zouma gets a lot of stick but he has played regularily since returning from injury in the EPL...I worry less about him than AC..Rudiger can't return quick enough for me and hopefully without hinderance from his injury and improves his game..I mean improves in the sense that he develops his game the way the best players do.

So...a difficult season for SFL but one that will help both SFL and Chelsea hopefully and once past the "ban" we will be able to judge the new coaching team properly.

chara   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Happy birthday Chara. 🍺🍺

Thanks Ham..what are you doing up at this ungodly hour!!!

chara   

and looking forward to a paella fresh made and a good'ish bottle of Rioja!!...

xCELERYx   

Really impressed by the manner in which Frank has handled what could have been a rather disruptive situation. He's held himself well in all of this. 

chara   
1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Really impressed by the manner in which Frank has handled what could have been a rather disruptive situation. He's held himself well in all of this. 

Well said..agree absolutely.

38 minutes ago, chara said:

Thanks mate and happy birthday , hope the op goes well .