• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Joins Arsenal

Recommended Posts

Nobody see this coming before this tuesday. Credit to the Daily Mail for breaking the story. And welcome back home Geezer. Players like him, with character and charisma, are always welcomed. 

Hello Geezers!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am delighted to have "the Geezer" back. Additionally, I can't wait to see him play against Utd, as from recollection doesn't he have a habit of kicking Shrek up in the air and then scoring against them (I think he got three/four goals against them first time around)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cam4blue   
8 hours ago, blue moon said:

What is it with this forum, this insistence that despite winning the game's biggest prize, the individual players were not much cop?

I guess the first question is: do you really think that is limited to this forum? 

The second question is: do you really think it's an incorrect opinion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

Initially I was against Sideshow coming back but now that he's here I'm delighted. All players have their moments - Stones last season yet Citeh blew almost £50m on him - but I think Luiz is a lot better than people think. He is also pretty tough and isn't scared of a challenge.

Kantè will also offer extra cover if needed as he seems to be all over the pitch! Luiz can in my view play midfield if Kantè is unavailable. 

He also gives much needed leadership and personality to the side. 

Given what Spurs have just paid for Sissoko and the generally mad market, I'm delighted to welcome David Luiz home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

Let's reflect.luiz was got rid of because his negatives out - weighed his positives and 50 mil for a player that was worth 30 mil at the time was good business.The only reason I see any merit in bringing him back is his enthusiasm and the need  to have  more central cover for the defense'.He is still the likeable clown strewn with frailties - but sorry I think it was a panic buy,having said that,I think Kante might make him look good.The reality is he is a worse player than when he left us.Whether that makes a difference depends on Conte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
20 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Let's reflect.luiz was got rid of because his negatives out - weighed his positives and 50 mil for a player that was worth 30 mil at the time was good business.The only reason I see any merit in bringing him back is his enthusiasm and the need  to have  more central cover for the defense'.He is still the likeable clown strewn with frailties - but sorry I think it was a panic buy,having said that,I think Kante might make him look good.The reality is he is a worse player than when he left us.Whether that makes a difference depends on Conte.

Based on what? Being a regular in a side that won the league each season he was there, along with 7 other trophies? Twice being named in the TOYT? Being a deciding factor in knocking us out of the CL? 

He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's certainly no worse of a player for his time spent at PSG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zaffo said:

Based on what? Being a regular in a side that won the league each season he was there, along with 7 other trophies? Twice being named in the TOYT? Being a deciding factor in knocking us out of the CL? 

He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's certainly no worse of a player for his time spent at PSG.

 

The league is a one team league so with or without him makes no difference to the end result

I guess our manager at the time used p*ss poor tactics in trying to wind the opposition up rather than playing football had any bearing on the result,

Only time will tell if Luiz is any better than when he left, however  the signs are ominous as another manager didn't rate him and got shot of him at the first opportunity.

One can only hope Conte gave his blessing to resign him and Luiz realises Conte is not going to accept his eccentricities and demands 100% focus.

It is going to be and interesting couple of months, starting with Conte's press conference next week.

If Conte is good to his work then I can't see Luiz being selected for a couple of weeks until his fitness is at the level which Conte demands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   
4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The league is a one team league so with or without him makes no difference to the end result

I guess our manager at the time used p*ss poor tactics in trying to wind the opposition up rather than playing football had any bearing on the result,

Only time will tell if Luiz is any better than when he left, however  the signs are ominous as another manager didn't rate him and got shot of him at the first opportunity.

One can only hope Conte gave his blessing to resign him and Luiz realises Conte is not going to accept his eccentricities and demands 100% focus.

It is going to be and interesting couple of months, starting with Conte's press conference next week.

If Conte is good to his work then I can't see Luiz being selected for a couple of weeks until his fitness is at the level which Conte demands.

We don't really know if Emery didn't rate or want him in fairness. I get he subbed him last week, but that don't mean much in reality. If you put yourself in Emery position, he has Silva who is a great player and captain of the club. Rightly ahead of Luiz. He then has Marquinhos who I have never really see play much to be honest , but he has a big reputation and early 20s and by all accounts they have another young centre half ( not sure of name, think he played alongside Luiz at Monaco) who is meant to be a very promising young player at 21.

It might not be a case of the manager there not rating him, might simply be a case of he has strong options all vying for one position next to Thiago Silva. Two of those options are early 20's and one is 29. I feeling the circumstances are probably what have made him surplus to requirements there, maybe more than the manager didn't want him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   

In honour of his return. A leaders eleven below. I only go back as far as start of the 90s, based more on leadership than ability.

Cech

Ivanovic Roberts Terry Dorigo

          Makelele 

Ballack          Wise

        Lampard

Dixon       Drogba 

Subs

Beasant, Desailly , Luiz , Gullit , Vialli , M Hughes , Townsend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now