• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2

Chelsea next 5 league games

Liverpool(H)
Arsenal(A)
Hull(A)
Leicester(H)
Manchester United(H)

It is time for Conte to do the right thing and bring back Cesc and Mikel back to the starting line up

2 hours ago, kokefran96 said:
Chelsea next 5 league games

Liverpool(H)
Arsenal(A)
Hull(A)
Leicester(H)
Manchester United(H)

It is time for Conte to do the right thing and bring back Cesc and Mikel back to the starting line up

Cesc at No.10 or with Kante?  He's a maybe for me but not Mikel.  The only thing is, with the little time Cesc has been on the field this season I can't see him starting until maybe Hull.  If there is anyone I'd give a chance to it's probably Pedro with Willian on the inside

Given Liverpool is the first real test however I can see Conte playing it safe and sticking with the same first 11 (aside from Luiz next to Cahill).  I just wonder what tactics and substitutions he'll play.

1 minute ago, StebzAno said:

Given Liverpool is the first real test however I can see Conte playing it safe and sticking with the same first 11 (aside from Luiz next to Cahill).  I just wonder what tactics and substitutions he'll play.

The real question is not who plays, but whether we will sit as deep.  That has worked so far because our opponents haven't really been able to hurt us (or at least they create a lot of goals but not that many chances),  

Do we dare sit so deep against Liverpool?

Sea foot   

Do we dare try to outrun them. If we try a high press they will run right through us. I can't see any reason to change what we have done so far except to put away those chances better.

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Really hate the idea of going to football on a Friday. Oh well!

Agreed. Fortunately managed to arrange a meeting in mufti and informal earlier that afternoon and with a favoured client, so good excuse for a trip to the smoke followed by a few bevies then off to the Bridge. Not a bad end to the week. Although I keep seeing Oscar playing a part in the midfield, along with Matic and Kante. Not Mikel and Fabregas. Or Pedro.

Ham   
21 hours ago, kev61 said:

I'll be in Sheffield,never been there before.because of the proximity to Liverpool,I guess I will be out - numbered by the scousers in the local pubs?

In Yorkshire?  No you won't!

xCELERYx   

Based on what I've seen Conte do in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tighter approach taken. We'll let Liverpool have the ball in wide areas with the intention of keeping the middle compact, forcing their attacking play to come via crosses. We'll look to counter on the break quicker and I think with Luiz likely to come into the side for Terry, that will be something that works in our favour from an attacking standpoint. 

Will be important that our wide players stay wide and preserve the width, this is going to give Costa additional space needed to run into without having to solely rely on his physical game against two equally physically centrebacks. Most importantly, our ball protection is vital. If we can keep possession and find our targets with our passes this will allow men to get forward on the break. If our passing is sloppy and we turn the ball over, expect us to be exposed on the counter ourselves and that is going to cause us some problems with their fairly quick attack.

With Matic and Oscar, I think we will be in for a long night, with the likes of Mane, Daniel, Roberto, Courthinho. We need Cesc and Mikel in there . Players who can hold the ball and not get pressured of it