• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2

20 hours ago, StebzAno said:

Cesc at No.10 or with Kante?  He's a maybe for me but not Mikel.  The only thing is, with the little time Cesc has been on the field this season I can't see him starting until maybe Hull.  If there is anyone I'd give a chance to it's probably Pedro with Willian on the inside

Given Liverpool is the first real test however I can see Conte playing it safe and sticking with the same first 11 (aside from Luiz next to Cahill).  I just wonder what tactics and substitutions he'll play.

You will play Matic after the Swansea game? Seriously?

kev61   
On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 0:29 AM, zaffo said:

Based on what I've seen Conte do in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tighter approach taken. We'll let Liverpool have the ball in wide areas with the intention of keeping the middle compact, forcing their attacking play to come via crosses. We'll look to counter on the break quicker and I think with Luiz likely to come into the side for Terry, that will be something that works in our favour from an attacking standpoint. 

Will be important that our wide players stay wide and preserve the width, this is going to give Costa additional space needed to run into without having to solely rely on his physical game against two equally physically centrebacks. Most importantly, our ball protection is vital. If we can keep possession and find our targets with our passes this will allow men to get forward on the break. If our passing is sloppy and we turn the ball over, expect us to be exposed on the counter ourselves and that is going to cause us some problems with their fairly quick attack.

Jesus!  Sounds like a good game to me!

Herr Kloppy has said " I won't be asking my players to get Costa sent off ".

Nice to raise the issue in the referees minds before the game though , particularly when the polar opposite happens and whatever dumb cluck has the whistle thinks " But Kloppy said he wouldn't do that so this must be Costa's fault".

Genius.

Perhaps Conte should come out and say " I've told my players not to retaliate when they kick us from pillar to post as the referee will protect us" ?

18 hours ago, kokefran96 said:

You will play Matic after the Swansea game? Seriously?

Unless Mikel has a rare stellar game, he can be the worst for dilly-dallying around in dangerous areas and if Liverpool want it, they will intercept him every time.  I would like to see Cesc play but I just can't see Conte starting him, even if it will be his 100th appearance (possible inspiration?).  It looks like from TOCWS that Oscar is confident of his place in Friday's team.

paulw66   

Of all the games, this is the one I want us to win, either by thrashing them or getting a dubious late winner via an offside handball. 

If only Slippy was still there.

Sciatika   
56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

...whatever dumb cluck has the whistle...

Perfect description. Martin Atkinson. Just think Ashley Barnes & Burnley.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Herr Kloppy has said " I won't be asking my players to get Costa sent off ".

Nice to raise the issue in the referees minds before the game though , particularly when the polar opposite happens and whatever dumb cluck has the whistle thinks " But Kloppy said he wouldn't do that so this must be Costa's fault".

Genius.

Perhaps Conte should come out and say " I've told my players not to retaliate when they kick us from pillar to post as the referee will protect us" ?

I don't think you could have read the full quote.  He was asked about Costa in advance of the match and was very very complimentary, much as Guidolin was after the Swansea game.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think you could have read the full quote.  He was asked about Costa in advance of the match and was very very complimentary, much as Guidolin was after the Swansea game.

No I hadn't , I have fallen foul of seeing a headline and seeing as it's Liverpool , not reading further.

I have become those I hate,