• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 3 Chelsea 0

A bit off topic but I see we have West Ham in League Cup thingy after they scraped past Acc Stanly in the 96min.  I do truly hate those fans and I see they are having to organise better segregation at the London Stadium to avoid crowd trouble. Not sure how they will manage that seeing as they are fighting with each other. Hope they go down.

1 hour ago, chelsea_matt said:

We're dead. I'll take a point from this. I know we need a win but we are still so brittle in every way 🙈

I agree, but there are other elements might be in our favor , as Arsenal is playing in ECL and the Euro league as well lets not forget. Arsenal been playing some official game on a rate of one game every 3 days from the 10th of September till the 2nd of October , this kind of rate is very harsh on any team physically and mentally. Not to mention big time fatigue and borderline injuries (not that I wish any harm on anyone) .

If our team play top scale of speed, strength and endurance (Just don't give them a chance to rest or take a breath period regardless of the tactics used), we should be able to nail 3 points. I could be sounding very optimistic, but any physiotherapist would confirm this fact . They are in the middle of games storm and fatigue should drop their performance drastically. I know our team is not ready yet, we are very frustrated to see the champs lose it within few months and unable to get back, but Leicester and other teams feel the the same way too, lets cheer up.       

Scooba   

Nailed on starters are -

Courtois, Azpi, Kante, Oscar, Willian, Hazard and Costa. 

That leaves 1 full back, 2 centre backs and 1 midfielder. 

I would think Ivanovic is going to start, then it will probably just depend on Terry's fitness and who Conte prefers between Cahill and Luiz (or both if Terry not fit). I would like to see Fabregas in there but somehow I just can't see it, particularly after 120mins mid week. That would mean Matic partners Kante again. 

I will go 1-2 - Costa and Willian. 

GURJ SS   

Likely: some weird defensive 451 which fails at being defensive.

Courtois; Ivan, Cahill, Luiz, Azpi; Willian, Oscar, Kante, Matic, Hazard; Costa;

Would like to see: 352

-------------Begovic------------

------Ivan--Cahill--Luiz-----

Azpi-------Kante----Moses

-------Cesc------Willian-------

-------------Hazard--------------

--------------Costa---------------

Kante doesn't need a partner. 6 players defending with 2 central mids helping out is more than enough players, Hazard and Costa should be staying upfront where they can destroy any team in the league. Plus Willian is a runner so can join as Cesc picks out a forward pass.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is all about the style of play, and not about the players.  Play open football with Fabregas for 90 mins and we'd win every game 4 or 5-1 until injuries and tiredness drags us down.

Here we go again, if was that simple, why didn't we play like this before... oh wait. 

GURJ SS   
53 minutes ago, nutmegsw6 said:

Here we go again, if was that simple, why didn't we play like this before... oh wait. 

Droy has a point if he is saying that we don't play to our strengths.

I feel that we are so hesitant for our wingers and fullbacks to get beyond the opposition's backline, that we don't actually scare the opposition and that gives them more and more confidence as the game goes on. The opposition doesn't have players running at them and going wide to whip a ball in, Hazard always cuts in and apart from Moses the rest of them also cut in far too often, our fullbacks don't go forward and stretch teams as much as they should. But the biggest one is and the most frustrating one, none of our central midfielders get the ball and drive through the middle of the pitch and open a team up. What happens is our defenders start seeing so much of the ball that the percentage of a mistake being made keeps going up, and then the inevitable happens; we concede.

kev61   

If Terry is not fit.

Dave    Ivanovich   Cahill   Alonso

Kante   luiz

Moses  Willian      hazard

Costa

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Droy has a point if he is saying that we don't play to our strengths.

I feel that we are so hesitant for our wingers and fullbacks to get beyond the opposition's backline, that we don't actually scare the opposition and that gives them more and more confidence as the game goes on. The opposition doesn't have players running at them and going wide to whip a ball in, Hazard always cuts in and apart from Moses the rest of them also cut in far too often, our fullbacks don't go forward and stretch teams as much as they should. But the biggest one is and the most frustrating one, none of our central midfielders get the ball and drive through the middle of the pitch and open a team up. What happens is our defenders start seeing so much of the ball that the percentage of a mistake being made keeps going up, and then the inevitable happens; we concede.

That's all well and good but it still has key flaws to that approach too. Firstly, we don't have any wingers besides really Moses and Pedro that really keep their width and play direct. Our main players that pay wide aren't really "wingers", hence why they tend to spend a lot of time drifting into the middle and opt to pass backwards than whip in a cross. So that there becomes a problem in maintaining width and therefore creating space, space that could be utilised by Costa. Secondly, being more open as a whole would just further expose our largely limited enough midfield and at times frail defence. Besides Kante, we don't have a midfielder who has the power to take the ball from midfield and run like a Lampard, Essien or even Ramires. Matic does it every once in a blue moon, but lacks the power to really burst through. Outside of that, neither Cesc or Oscar are going to provide that either. 

The reality is, we're a very limited side with how expansive we can play because we've got some seriously limited players. Until we can address that, expect to play a more timid system for the most part. 

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Likely: some weird defensive 451 which fails at being defensive.

Courtois; Ivan, Cahill, Luiz, Azpi; Willian, Oscar, Kante, Matic, Hazard; Costa;

We all know this is how it's going to work unless Terry is back for Cahill.

Potentially embarrassing.

If I were Wenger I would utilise the pace in my squad to harry us at every opportunity and make us make the mistakes in and around our area for my side to capitalize on.

Luckily , after god knows how many attempts to beat us Wenger has still not figured this out.

They are more scared of us than we are of them.

3 points here we come!