• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jasonb

The England team

Jasonb   

As Chelsea is in England and so by extension I assume a majority of us have some interest in the national side, I thought I would kick this off.

Seeing as the speculation is now that Mourinho will drop Rooney will Big Sam stick to his guns and drop the national captain?

It is going to be interesting.

Personally I think it is time to move on from Rooney and bring in some fresh blood.

I don't believe the "red tops" will allow this to happen.

I have watched tournament after tournament where Rooney has appeared to be shackled to an american refrigerator and they still want him.

It was the same with Gerrard , although that was worse because Gerrard was outshone at every major tournament we entered by Super Frank and was made out to be the messiah with SFL as one of the supporting cast.

I've been at Wembley when supporters around me were booing SFL and Ashley Cole and creaming themselves whenever Gerrard hit a Hollywood pass into orbit.

Big Sam will never drop him and I will never watch that shower again.

Jasonb   

You right be correct Mark though with our media interrogating Sam the last time around with regards Rooney's positioning if he does fall out of favour at United then the media will again question Sam's decision.

I have always suspected the FA do not want England to win and take steps to ensure that.

Sorry to railroad this but , a case in point , just saw Rooney wander ten yards offside and "score" against Northampton Town and the commentator almost came .

They are pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining.

He is literally useless.

5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

As Chelsea is in England and so by extension I assume a majority of us have some interest in the national side

I have little to no interest in the national side. It has been a long painful decline since 66. I thought Turnip Head was the lowest point, but it seems I was wrong. Do I not like that! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Do-Not-Like-That-Chapter/dp/B000057X0B

7 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I have always suspected the FA do not want England to win and take steps to ensure that.

Ok, I'll bite: Why on earth would the FA want to do that?

Now I'm always happy to agree with anyone who believes that the FA is populated by a bunch of parasitic nitwits, but not wanting their own team to win? Sorry, but that doesn't make the slightest sense.

Jasonb   

I suspect it is tied in with globalism and with the UK selling off it's state assets they do not want the example of a successful home grown England team beating all before them and the knock on effect this might have with politics.

In 66 and 72 we were still into mass production with cars and leading technology like Harrier jump jets. Then the PTB decided our economy would work in a different way.

I've read some weird posts in my time on this forum, but the idea that the FA don't want the England team to be successful as a result of globalisation is right up there amongst the more crazy notions people have put forward.

Jasonb   

The PTB = Powers That Be aka the establishment.

I was always disappointed with the Hoddle sacking that up and until recently had the best win percentage. I also thought he had courage to get rid of the then star player in Gascoigne and let the squad and media know who was boss.

Couldn't read the chart in the link even using the zoom function.