• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jasonb

The England team

The rub here is that Big Fat Sam is not "the right kind" of manager in the eyes of many, I'm sure not in the eyes of the Telegraph .

He's an oik , working class , John Terry in a fat suit.

It's entrapment and its wrong.

He's being a dick for sure but there's people at the FA who've made a career out of being dicks.

And he's spot on about Wembley, a scandalous waste of money from start to finish.

I'm not a fan of Allardyce and would think that the best course of action would be to let results speak for themselves.

Holymoly   

Clearly the like of Venables, Redknapp and Allardyce made their reputations on "bending" the rules. How the FA seem to be surprised about the revelations I can't quite understand.

Yes it's entrapment, and yes, probably the more heinous crime is the authorities overseeing the systems he has criticized or taken advantage of over the years but unfortunately Allardyce immediately loses credibility following these "allegations" and it's hard enough managing the English team.

Still, £400k up for grabs? I wonder what our price would be for "selling our souls"?

6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's clearly an in-house investigation by the Telegraph themselves, and not something conducted by others and then hawked around "Fleet Street" to the whoever might be interested. They've done similar investigations into MPs and members of the House of Lords (eg 2010 in conjunction with the Channel 4 programme Dispatches where several MPs got stung regarding lobbying).

It is cheap and shabby whoever did it.  If the Telegraph got its own staff to do this rather than just bought it, that makes it cheaper and shabbier IMO.

Personally I think it's strange that you never see Sam Allardyce and Meat Loaf in the same room together , and it appears , Like a bat out of Hell he'll be gone when the morning comes.

It's a stitch up and I feel sorry for him.

Rob B   

Sacked. Not surprised. 

Do feel for him but he's been incredibly niaive.  And whilst it is entrapment, it was also a 10 month operation to try and uncover corruption in football. It wasn't directed specifically at him.  Big Sam has hit the headlines because he is England manager but there are others involved. 

We wouldn't be moaning if the investigation found FIFA or Referees bending the rules...

StebzAno   

And so that's it he's gone.  As a positive he has achieved a 100% winning record with the England team, but we're left with finding another manager to take charge.

He should've known better with our press, but it's appalling how they entrapped their own England manager.

27 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Sacked. Not surprised. 

Do feel for him but he's been incredibly niaive.  And whilst it is entrapment, it was also a 10 month operation to try and uncover corruption in football. It wasn't directed specifically at him.  Big Sam has hit the headlines because he is England manager but there are others involved. 

We wouldn't be moaning if the investigation found FIFA or Referees bending the rules...

Sounds like a 10 month operation that failed to uncover anything so to get some return on the investment they did the dirty on Allardyce.
They certainly aren't going to uncover any thing else now.

Mutual agreement - what is the betting that he takes on a PL side in the next  couple of weeks.  Perfect timing for a take over - a fortnight off for err International fixtures.

Those reptiles would bite their own mothers if it made good copy. No wonder nobody wants the job, give it to Joey Barton and let the fun commence. Double broken noses all round, chaps!

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sounds like a 10 month operation that failed to uncover anything so to get some return on the investment they did the dirty on Allardyce.
They certainly aren't going to uncover any thing else now.

Mutual agreement - what is the betting that he takes on a PL side in the next  couple of weeks.  Perfect timing for a take over - a fortnight off for err International fixtures.

No it's a ten month operation that will publish further revelations regarding other managers, directors, agents etc over the next few days regarding possible corruption, rule breaking, etc. The DT didn't publish ALL of their findings in just one article.

As for Allardyce, back in 2006 there was a Panorama programme implicating him in taking bungs. The FA investigated and said insufficient evidence. More to the point, however, was that in spite of strenuously denying he'd ever taken a bung, he never took the programme makers to court for libel.

Unlike some here, I don't think it's disgusting to target him. Unlike the NotW who would target anyone, high or low, rich or poor, in the public eye or not (and in the case of JT's dad, he was ONLY set up because of who his son was), the Telegraph go after people in positions of influence and/or power (such as MPs, former ministers & members of the House of Lords back in 2010). They've been investigating corruption in football for a while and now we're getting the results.

He's been filmed telling someone he knows how to get around third party ownership rules. The FA banned TPO in 2008 and FIFA banned it in 2015. The manager of a national team is telling people how to break the rules of the governing organisation... sorry, but I have no sympathy for him. Incredibly stupid of him.

If a referee was being secretly filmed taking a bribe for essentially fixing a result, would any of those saying the treatment of Allardyce is disgusting say the same in defence of the referee?