Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasonb

The England team

60 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

He's been filmed telling someone he knows how to get around third party ownership rules. The FA banned TPO in 2008 and FIFA banned it in 2015. The manager of a national team is telling people how to break the rules of the governing organisation... sorry, but I have no sympathy for him. Incredibly stupid of him.

Where is the crime in that?
Is he conspiring in a crime?
Has he told them how to do it?
And even if it were done, how is avoiding regulations a crime?  It is quite different from breaking them.

As I write I hear BBC saying "he negotiated a $500 000" contract.  How twisted is that?  a figure was mentioned - nothing more.

200k and I can tell you how to open a safe.  How illegal is that statement?

The question is was he targeted on suspicion of corruption or because he was England manager and they hoped to get lucky.  The English tabloids have a history of denouncing the manager of the national football team, which lead me only to believe the latter.

Two managers in one year, ought to be careful of that revolving door... it can pick up speed once started.

14 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

The question is was he targeted on suspicion of corruption or because he was England manager and they hoped to get lucky.  The English tabloids have a history of denouncing the manager of the national football team, which lead me only to believe the latter.

Two managers in one year, ought to be careful of that revolving door... it can pick up speed once started.

I suspect he was mainly (though not exclusively) targeted because stories have been doing the rounds for many years that he is 'partial to a bung'. That he was recently made England manager may have changed how they targeted him (after all, there are no transfers for him to be involved in as an international manager). If any of the future stories due for publication involve people at Sunderland and/or people directly linked to him in a business capacity (his own agent, lawyer, accountant etc) then I can see today's story as a change of tack due to changing circumstances.

The other thing that may be worth considering is bearing in mind the FA also have egg on their face for this, I'm not sure they would have sacked him if it really didn't warrant it.

My guess is that having spent the day with Allardyce today, and the fact they've acted so quickly, there's more to come.

Gareth Southgate!

It's just as well I hate the fools.......

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Gareth Southgate!

It's just as well I hate the fools.......

Not sure who else they could pick as a caretaker manager with a game next week. He's had a reasonable record with the U21s.

A good opportunity for Southgate, not sure he is the right chap though if he wants the job it could be interesting seeing how he manages the next few games.

15 hours ago, StebzAno said:

it's appalling how they entrapped their own England manager.

So you would rather not know about it? If there was a rat crawling around your house you'd want to to trap it and dispose of it wouldn't you, the rat may not have done anything wrong but it's potential to spread disease would lead you to take action surely.

If we need to lay traps for the rest of the vermin in football I'd be happy to help out.

39 minutes ago, Baloo said:

So you would rather not know about it?

"It" didn't happen - "It" was a discussion of hypothetical ideas prompted by an Agent Provocateur.

43 minutes ago, Baloo said:

If we need to lay traps for the rest of the vermin in football I'd be happy to help out.

Judge and jury and executioner.

48 minutes ago, Baloo said:

So you would rather not know about it? If there was a rat crawling around your house you'd want to to trap it and dispose of it wouldn't you, the rat may not have done anything wrong but it's potential to spread disease would lead you to take action surely.

I think Steb makes a good point though.

The media in this country manage football like it is Eastenders on grass , they big up players that don't deserve the acclaim , they fabricate stories and unleash them to do as much damage as is humanly possible.

They don't want the story to be positive , they want player A Is jealous of player B and just who does player C think he is ?

Chaos and opportunities for more tall tales is exactly what they want.

It really is a poisoned chalice.

Look at Wayne Rooney , he's been utterly useless for England for tournament after tournament but every newspaper are printing positive articles about him on a daily basis , making out that we , the football going public are idiots and know nothing in comparison to "proper football men". Although they seemingly hate corruption I'm absolutely certain Rooneys agent is paying them to run these articles.

Sterling , all over the papers because he flaunted his wealth when he'd dared to leave Liverpool and bought a "blingtastic" house , how dare he the filthy snake?

It led to a dogs abuse from " the best fans in the World" all over social media.

No mention whatsoever that he'd bought the house for his Mum.

The media are vile , Allardyce has hardly done anything by their standards.

Edited by Mark Kelly