Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zola25Magic

Chelsea - Leicester (My sons first game)

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Greetings from Denmark.

My son turned 7 in June and he is well on his way to be a die hard blue like the rest of us. Not sure you realise how difficult that is in Denmark where 99% are Real Madrid og Barca fans and the rest Man utd fans. But my kid is loyal to the mighty blues and I'd like to bring him to his first match soon as a suprise :)

I'm considering to go to Chelsea - Leicester cause it fits well in the calendar but of course there aren't many tickets left.

The section choices I have are either mathew Harding lower near the corner flag or directly behind goal but I'm not sure if it fits well with children?

I also have the choice to look at the upper tier but I worry it might be at the back.

Could any of you pitch in with your suggestion as to if I should wait or if you think he'd have a great experience in either the lower MH stand or the upper tier? If its best to choose the upper could you suggest if I should choose the longside or shortside?

By the way, last time I went to the bridge we beat Aston Villa 7-1, so I'm sure it will be a similar scoreline if we go :)

best regards!

My son started going to matches when he was about the same age (he asked my permission to  swear at the linesman, to the amusement of all present, and still remembers two ladies behind us arguing over where to buy the best sausages down the North End Road), so yours should have a ball. I'd take the corner option if it's next to the East stand - otherwise behind the goal, although it might be a bit boisterous if anything goes between the sticks - upper MH is a bit far from the action. Hope he enjoys the match - another 7:1 would be nice.

Thanks mate! Great advise.

Haha, what a polite Young man you've raised :) (I assume you let him stick it to the lino of course)

Of course - lino got it big time. Got a big hot under the collar when he asked the man-mountain next to him why he kept using the f-word, and would I mind if he joined in? Replied "provided you mum's not present" to rapturous applause.

I'd agree with Blue Moon that the corner of East Stand is a good spot for a child. I have not taken my children as yet, but I wouldn't rule out the Upper tiers as they all give a good view of the game in my opinion. I took an ex girlfriend (child size at around 4ft 9in ) and she found the view in East Upper to be good over the pitch. Can be a bit quiet up there though.

The one area I have never sat is West Upper so far, but my ticket is there for the Leicester game in a couple of weeks so be good to see what the view is like there.

Been to the West Upper a few times. A bit rarified for me - told not to sing, as it spoiled the match. Bah humbug.