Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Manchester United 0

304 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday 23rd October, 2016 (UK time/date).

Big game. Particularly if United drop points against Liverpool. Mourinho returns for the first time since joining a direct rival, so that should add a little extra interest. Otherwise, should be a good test after the Leicester game to see how the players respond after poor showings against Liverpool and Arsenal previously. 

I suppose the other big factor will be if Terry returns to the starting line up or if we stay with the back three we've currently got. Outside of that, I don't think I'd change anything else. Willian returns to the bench if available, otherwise same as before.

I hope there's no José love in from the fans.  Time to move on. 

Mourinho has only come up against his Chelsea successor once. It was December 2009 and Mourinho's Inter travelled to Conte's Atalanta for a Serie A encounter that ended 1-1. Conte's brief stay at Atalanta ended just a few weeks later, and he has not faced Mourinho since.

Can anyone enlighten my rules ignorance here, for how long is Costa going to be on this yellow card threatening limitation, is it permanent?   

9 hours ago, chelsian2015 said:

Can anyone enlighten my rules ignorance here, for how long is Costa going to be on this yellow card threatening limitation, is it permanent?   

Just continues to accumulate until cut off dates are reached. If he reaches the limits (5, 10, 15) yellows before cut off dates then he'll serve the relevant suspensions.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

1 minute ago, zaffo said:

Just continues to accumulate until cut off dates are reached. If he reaches the limits (5, 10, 15) yellows before cut off dates then he'll serve the relevant suspensions.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

He will hopefully get booked in the 91st minute as he jumps in the crowd celebrating his hat trick and miss the WH game. 

2 people like this

Personally hope that L'pool run them ragged tonight, not so much so that L'pool win - a draw and a nice few tired legs and a EL game to follow on Thursday evening too.

Need to get as many points on the board as we possibly can, as early as we can and get the other teams who'll be challenging for the CL spots playing catch up, with the pressure that brings about.

1 person likes this

A bit of noise would be great. Hopefully no Jose chants and nor any boos directed towards him.

As for the match itself, 3 at the back with 4 middle should be effective against Zlatan and co. It will come down to how much and how well we commit upfield.

I think the number of games for Utd and intensity of them should assist us here. I think we'd struggle if he was able to send United out to attack us, we should have fresher legs and should be able to use it in our favour. Narrow win