Michael Tucker

Southampton 0 Chelsea 2

133 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday 30th October, 2016 (Local UK time/date).

Team picks itself after yesterday.

Same XI as versus Man Utd. 

I'm with Paul , same team as United , this will be a tough proposition , they're a good side and Charlie Austin is good in the air and on the ground, and lets not forget ( although we wish we could ) Shane Long.

Hopefully the team turns up with the attitude and work rate from last sunday rather than last night. Gonna be a right match either way could be a draw

If Southampton plays 4/3/3 as they usually do, it will need more people from our side to participate in the attack events. Its MF players match, with good pace,strength,and endurance. They gave City big headache as we've seen, they got some excellent players with lots of tricks in their hats, and need not to be taken lightly. Our players must be proactive and for our defense to lock on Redmond & Austin.

We have a better team, better chance to win, but must kill the game at the earliest. We never seen a better formation than our team against United, 3/1 . 

Business as usual,Just wondering, why was it Luiz that took the shots of all of our fouls in the last match?

Ivanovic can keep the bench warm along with JT and I also hope we play the same XI as against Man U too. This keeps the players on the bench motivated they can't complain when the team is wining and hopefully inspire them to put in a better performance.

If we win this Mark Lawrenson's on the BBC sports preview suggests we then become title contenders as the Saints have been good at home.

But IMO Lawrenson is probably the worst of a bad bunch of so called experts on the box. He was a good defender in the days when all he had to do was pass back to the keeper. The only thing I look forward to when he is on the panel is to see what god awful shirt he is going to wear this time. 

This will be a good indicator of where stand (no pun intended Droy😀) at the moment against a well organised team.

I'm going for a 2:0 win with Costa scoring both and getting a yellow for looking at the ref in funny way and missing the next match.

48 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I'm going for a 2:0 win with Costa scoring both and getting a yellow for looking at the ref in funny way and missing the next match.

Do you get bonus points if he's also kicked from pillar to post by Fonte and Virgil before getting booked for throwing his hands in the air with exasperation only for the commentator to say " There he goes again Diego Costa , when will he ever learn?".

1 person likes this