• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 5th November, 2016 (UK time/date).

Team virtually picks itself.

Courtois; Azpi, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kanté, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

21 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Team virtually picks itself.

Courtois; Azpi, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kanté, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

The only possible improvement to the 18 we had against Southampton would be Fabregas in place of Oscar.

StebzAno   

Everton can't overtake us, but still another big test this will be.  As Conte Kante picked up on, we have some difficult games ahead even after the recent challenges with Man Utd and Southampton.

Until today Everton were on a bad run (albeit West Ham are really struggling in the league this season), hopefully we can also send Everton home with nothing.  Afterall if Burnley can do it...

To win this one would be another good step for the confidence of the squad in the methods of the manager.

Feels like the right test at the right time.

A little bit away from the game sorry, how's Lampard doing iin NYC, is he doing any better, or really affected by age?

And getting to the issues of next game, I'm more eager to know the result of Arsenal and Liverpool, if they both draw, we take Everton down with same team and some progress of learning the few slips with Southampton (big gaps from 40yrd to our box when defending, inaccurate ball delivery, some sloppy passes, and not finding the net for some good chances, killing the attack opportunity when owned the ball, and Alonso greed when Pedro was combing his here swithed his mobile camera for a goal silfy and ready to celebrate a goal ), and we could be in the 2nd position at 30% of the race or it could be on of my flue symptoms blinding my perception.

Tough game 2/1 , and Kante, Moses, Alonso, and Luiz were not a bad deal after all, he engine of the team would be Cortois, the bus driver, Pedro, Hazard, and Costa, Conte as well .   

Blue Rod   

I'd say let's play our 'A' game and let Liverpool and Arsenal (or even Man City) worry about theirs. I think we are in business at the moment. As others already posted; same team same result would do nicely.

Blue rod I'm agreeing to a certain extent, we should pay our attention to our tasks, but this is a points race, and other teams are competing in that race. How much points they would lose affect us directly and positively at every stage, these points would rank every body throughout the season, it will describe each team performance level during the season, and that's why people go "oh I'm not worried about our game with Sunderland" but trust me you would hear "oh we're going to have a tough match with City" for instance. Yes if Arsenal and/or Liverpool draw it will affect us positively, the same team I agree, and best wishes for Chelsea and all our fans.     

I was expecting us to drop points at southampton, pleased we didn't but this is another game where that is possible. Koeman is a smart coach they will compete and have a striker who is capable of causing problems if he isn't marked properly as we found out last season. I agree with the right test at the right time and hopefully we come though it with 3 points.