• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly   
20 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Gonna be a very tough game. Koeman knows what he's doing and they have some dangerous players plus Barkley coming back to form. 

Fingers crossed.

I'll be quite honest I have no idea what all the fuss is about Barkley. I watched the game at the weekend and while the so-called experts were waxing lyrical I just think it's because he's young and English. His decision making can be suspect and his touch to set himself up is always laboured.

Our starting eleven will remain unchanged until injury or suspension intervenes. Hopefully home advantage will see us over the line.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Our starting eleven will remain unchanged until injury or suspension intervenes. Hopefully home advantage will see us over the line.

Not just home advantage. We will win if we play well because we have better players. 

Looking at their results, they were similar to ours before the United game in the sense they have beaten rubbish teams, and not won against stronger ones. The only real stand out result they had was the 1-1 v City, in which they had the good fortune of their GK making 2 penalty saves. 

Blue Rod   
On 11/1/2016 at 0:35 PM, chelsian2015 said:

Blue rod I'm agreeing to a certain extent, we should pay our attention to our tasks, but this is a points race, and other teams are competing in that race. How much points they would lose affect us directly and positively at every stage, these points would rank every body throughout the season, it will describe each team performance level during the season, and that's why people go "oh I'm not worried about our game with Sunderland" but trust me you would hear "oh we're going to have a tough match with City" for instance. Yes if Arsenal and/or Liverpool draw it will affect us positively, the same team I agree, and best wishes for Chelsea and all our fans.     

You probably worked out that I was trying to get my head to rule my heart from once. The truth is, if any of the big teams drop a point, I reach out for one more pint. 

Blue Rod   
On 11/1/2016 at 2:38 PM, fillerywhereru said:

I was expecting us to drop points at southampton, pleased we didn't but this is another game where that is possible. Koeman is a smart coach they will compete and have a striker who is capable of causing problems if he isn't marked properly as we found out last season. I agree with the right test at the right time and hopefully we come though it with 3 points.

Not that it should matter if we play our best game, but Koeman wanted the job that was given to Conte. He still has his eyes set on bigger things than Everton. So he has extra motivation for this one. But our Conte knows all about that, and better than I do. And then there is one man called Romelu Lukaku. In fact, if Everton get a result, Lukaku and Koeman would fight over it. 

Edited by Blue Rod
added paragraph

On 11/2/2016 at 8:08 PM, chelsea_matt said:

Gonna be a very tough game. Koeman knows what he's doing and they have some dangerous players plus Barkley coming back to form. 

Fingers crossed.

I'm not going to say this to lift up our morale, we have a confidence based on some good match tests.  I'm sure up to this minute all the other teams still have the fear factor from Chelsea, and if I checkout 11 people from any hospital, put Chelsea's T-shirt on them and let them play against any team, their opponent will still fear them. it might be overstated but it's meaningful in my modest opinion.

Everton is a top notch team, they have great players, some people are highlighting some of their good players such Barkley, yes we need to pay attention to him, but Moses have a better football qualities than him for example. Some said the same about Lukaku, yes he is a hell of striker, but it will be mad to compare Costa or Hazard to him. I didn't see Lukaku hailing the other teams in the EPL with a significant amount of goals in every match persay. Stats can be a little bit deceiving unless you've watched the game and compared the match inputs with the results, you got the team fighting spirit, the refree, someone got red carded, etc. and every match is way different the others as we know. If I have posted 4 nil during our pre-match posts for our game with United, the moderator would have send me a private message worded "don't be sarcastic" probably, but we did win 4 nil, Chelsea played their best, the team spirit was sky rocketing, luck was there for us, and the referee was ok.        

If we bring in the same team that played recently, they play to our expectations as we've seen them, we would have no problems. Our problem was that the results from Arsenal and Liverpool scarred us mentally and it was mostly for silly mistakes, and that's not how the team usually works. 

Hate me for being optimistic, but Chelsea is alive again 

• Like 1

kev61   

We are probably feeling a bit cocky now after recent results.If we play much the team again we will probably win again.It is still too early to say we are 'back' - but we are more 'back' than at anytime since our last premiership winning team.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

We are probably feeling a bit cocky now after recent results.If we play much the team again we will probably win again.It is still too early to say we are 'back' - but we are more 'back' than at anytime since our last premiership winning team.

Exactly. I don't think Conte will allow the slightest element of complacency just because we suddenly look like a football team again; that's the bare minimum requirement.

Of course we won't win every match BUT we DO need to win the vast majority of our home matches if we are going to do something this season. 

16 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Not that it should matter if we play our best game, but Koeman wanted the job that was given to Conte. He still has his eyes set on bigger things than Everton. So he has extra motivation for this one. But our Conte knows all about that, and better than I do. And then there is one man called Romelu Lukaku. In fact, if Everton get a result, Lukaku and Koeman would fight over it. 

I think Lukaku had his day in the sun against us already. 

paulw66   

No Zouma, Fabregas, Mikel. Team and subs pretty much sorted

Courtois, Dave, Luiz, Cahill, Matic, Kante, Moses, Alonso, Pedro, Hazard, Costa

Begovic, Ivanovic, JT, Chalobah, Oscar, Willian, Batman

Blue Rod   
15 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think Lukaku had his day in the sun against us already. 

We must make sure that is the case.