Michael Tucker

Middlesbrough 0 Chelsea 1

165 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

Well done Matt. Feeling confident now. ;-)

The problem is that one of these days he'll be right! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

The problem is that one of these days he'll be right! ;-)

Shhhh!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Well done Matt. Feeling confident now. ;-)

Ha ha where's TorresTheBlue these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been the case for the last few months, the team picks itself. Bar any injuries I'd suspect it'll be;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kanté, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep telling myself to ignore the table and enjoy the individual match performances.  However that said, when seeing where we currently are, could be a tough match for Liverpool away to Southampton, but even if it is, I can't see Arsenal or Man City dropping points, and for some reason Middlesbrough have been very good at holding top teams to a draw.

Vs Man City, Middlesbrough have shown we need to stay focused until the last minute.  I think they will make it hard for us to get to goal, so can see Hazard being key to sneak one or two in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be very tricky. As is often the case, an away game following an international break can be a bit of a banana skin. Middlesbrough are well organized and carry a threat on the break. They'll be up for this and the crowd will be vociferous. There's a lot of attention on us these days and teams will be looking to get one over.

In the midst of this 5 game winning streak, it should be noted that the 2 away games were tighter, ground out affairs (Vs Hull & Southampton). This will most likely be similar.

The game being on Sunday gives us an extra day to recover and prepare, which is a bit of a bonus. Hopefully Hazard and Costa are fine (the latter having rested during the break). No other changes, with the likes of Luiz, Alonso, and Pedro having had 2 weeks off at Cobham.

Early days still, but these are the games you need to win if you want to be champions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StebzAno said:

I keep telling myself to ignore the table and enjoy the individual match performances.  However that said, when seeing where we currently are, could be a tough match for Liverpool away to Southampton, but even if it is, I can't see Arsenal or Man City dropping points, and for some reason Middlesbrough have been very good at holding top teams to a draw.

Vs Man City, Middlesbrough have shown we need to stay focused until the last minute.  I think they will make it hard for us to get to goal, so can see Hazard being key to sneak one or two in.

Said the same when they both played Boro at home. Also when City played Saints at home. Silly points being lost by everybody. 

14 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Hazard joins Costa with an injury on international duty. Hopefully both are ok for Boro.

I understand the Hazard one was very minor. Hopefully Costa's is too. Need them both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Said the same when they both played Boro at home. Also when City played Saints at home. Silly points being lost by everybody.

Let's hope so, hopefully the continued current 'form' of the top clubs carries on as is, but you just know they're going to recover at some point soon.  Let's also hope that the the reason they drew to Boro is of their own doing more than Boro being on task now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on the injuries to Hazard and Costa?

 

Not sure Costa will be risked anyway with Spurs and City around the corner. I can see him starting from the bench vs Boro if fit enough. That yellow card is hanging around his neck a little. I still think a yellow card late on vs Everton would have been better for us and him after international week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.