• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 26th November, 2016 (UK time/date).

StebzAno   

Having come back with nothing from No.2 and our derby friends at No.4... we are now back to facing a similar fixture pairing from positions No.3 and a derby at No.5.  Let's see what we have learned... no pressure.

Galol   
3 hours ago, StebzAno said:

Having come back with nothing from No.2 and our derby friends at No.4... we are now back to facing a similar fixture pairing from positions No.3 and a derby at No.5.  Let's see what we have learned... no pressure.

With all due respect, haven't people said the same before Man U, Southampton and Everton matches? Hell, people said the same before M'borough match. By the way we've been dispatching teams, we ARE THE TEAM to fear. I'm pretty sure that neither Tottenham nor Man City would want to face us now.

ripz   

massive game, really couldn't care less about Man City away after this but beating Spurs would give us a nice gap to 5th/6th. We have a really good xmas fixture list so I saw Middlesbrough (A) and Spurs (H) as two vital games, then we have City (A) then 5 very winable fixtures over xmas. If we do Spurs and have a good xmas run we'll be sitting really nice and should have a really nice gap to the likes of spurs + manure in 5th/6th.

Rose is suspended for them so we should be able to handle their left side easily, the potential danger is a slow Alonso v Walker but hopefully Monaco take a bit of edge off them on Tuesday.

StebzAno   
9 hours ago, Galol said:

With all due respect, haven't people said the same before Man U, Southampton and Everton matches? Hell, people said the same before M'borough match. By the way we've been dispatching teams, we ARE THE TEAM to fear. I'm pretty sure that neither Tottenham nor Man City would want to face us now.

They have but for different reasons against teams not so high in the table.  For me these next two fixtures mimic a replay of the Liverpool and Arsenal match where hopefully we'll come away with a better result this time.  If we do then yes, we are the team to fear.

jones   

Yeah, these next two games are the real test for Conte. A win against Spurs and a draw at City would be massive. Worst case scenario would then be:

Liverpool 33
Chelsea 32
City and Arsenal 31
Spurs 27
United 25

But that is if none of them drop points other than in the games against us.

The five games after these two, are as someone pointed out, more than winnable: WBA (H), Sunderland (A), Palace (A), Bournemouth (H), Stoke (H). We also play all our games in London during the Christmas period.

Four points in the next two would see us top of the PL at New Years Eve, when everyone has met everyone once, almost guaranteed. And probably 5+ points down to fifth.

And should we win all of those five matches we would be on course to 94 points, which would mean a land-slide PL title in 10 out of 10.

xCELERYx   

Big game against a good Spurs side. They're also one of, if not the fittest sides in the EPL, so will be genuinely interesting to see how they approach our style of play.

Expect an unchanged side once more, injuries permitting.

paulw66   
28 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Big game against a good Spurs side. They're also one of, if not the fittest sides in the EPL, so will be genuinely interesting to see how they approach our style of play.

Expect an unchanged side once more, injuries permitting.

They're not playing particularly well at the moment. They have a small squad, and I don't think they are coping with the increased work load.

I expect us to win this. 

The only point I would counter with is that they will really want to pay us back for last season.

That and they are masters of spoiling break aways.