• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

jones   

Their form in the PL is 1-4-0, and had it not been for a lucky injury time penalty this week-end it means they hadn't won since October 2. I agree with Chelsian, we are big favourites. Don't even think it will be close at all. 

Resting a lot of key players in a deadly important CL game because they face us at the week-end. Ha! Eriksen, Vertonghen and Walker all on the bench. What a bunch of ****ers.

Sea foot   

Agreed. At least Mun. U, City, Arsenal and us give it a go to try and win the thing. It seems that Spurs and, last year, Liverpool just want to be in it for the revenue. Small club mentality.

Sea foot   

Just watched the first half of the spuds CL game. That's 45 minutes I'll never get back. You just know that they won't be half as poor on Saturday. 

Ham   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Excellent.

In all seriousness, two draws in the next two would be decent enough. If you put in context, 6 wins, 2 draws, then a run of 5 very winnable fixtures. 

That said, I think their midweek game could really count in our favour. 

8 wins followed by 5 wins sounds even better..... 

Holymoly   

After last night it's clear they're prioritising Saturday's game. Hopefully it won't become a card-fest as we can't afford to lose any players for the week following.

I hope we're up for this just as much as they appear to be after last season.

jones   

Spirits can't be very high in the Spurs camp at the moment. Exiting one of the easiest CL groups you could get, with one match remaining, is just hilariously bad. Poch does not make himself popular when he rests several key players for such an important game. If I were Walker, Vertonghen or Eriksen, and I knew I worked my socks off last year to be able to play games like that, only to be put on the bench when it mattered the most, I would be furious. 

Could not have asked for a better entrance to this match.

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Holymoly said:

After last night it's clear they're prioritising Saturday's game. Hopefully it won't become a card-fest as we can't afford to lose any players for the week following.

I hope we're up for this just as much as they appear to be after last season.

Resting players in the CL, so that they have a better chance of qualifying for the CL........... sounds bonkers to me, and if I was a Spurs fan, I'd be pretty furious. If we beat them on Saturday, then it's all in vain.

Looking forward to seeing the atmosphere at Wembley when they play Moscow........

Resting players? Eriksen, Walker and Verthongen were on the bench. Otherwise a full strength side starting. 

Surely they should be good enough to beat a League One side without them;)? 

Based on current form, we should knock the crap out of them. But the fact they treated a crucial Champions League game as a warm up for Chelsea, tells you it might not be as straightforward.