• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

paulw66   
20 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Resting players? Eriksen, Walker and Verthongen were on the bench. Otherwise a full strength side starting. 

Surely they should be good enough to beat a League One side without them;)? 

Well Spurs have got a bigger budget than Monaco, Leverkusen and Moscow, so they are top of their CL group, right?

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well Spurs have got a bigger budget than Monaco, Leverkusen and Moscow, so they are top of their CL group, right?

Yeah think the table lies to be honest. Spurs are clearly better because they have more money. That's all that counts you know! 

But maybe they didn't try because apparently English sides are only interested in qualifying and not competing in Europe. Have that from a very reputable source. Goes by the name of a famous Chelsea defender. 

Edit: in Chelsea circles at least! 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They are in the prem.  None of the others are.  That is quite enough for Spurs supporters.

They will never admit how sick to the stomach they must have felt at Stamford Bridge last season. Ok we had had a shite season but we are allowed one of those each decade. The fact we put a nail in their coffin was an incredible ray of sunshine through the darkness of despair. They even managed to lose second place to Arsenal through through their indiscipline and player suspensions. The other time they qualified for the CL was when we won the trophy and took their place. They must truly hate us.

They tried to kick, stamp and gouge us off the park last time and it didn't work. Now let's give them a footballing lesson. It will taste like nectar from the Gods. 

I dont think we should underestimate the lengths this lot will go to, in order to avenge last season's game at SB. Much like Gerrard the season before, they are carrying it like a mill-stone around their collective neck. They will want a positive result on Saturday more than in any other game this season and they will do anything to get it. Hopefully, that will make them somewhat "emotionally pliable".

paulw66   
17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

They are in the prem.  None of the others are.  That is quite enough for Spurs supporters.

Your posts get more and more bizarre. You could just admit you are wrong instead of trying to imply that Spurs either or both didn't care or tried to qualify from their group, whilst two teams with much smaller budgets, playing in "noddy" leagues did. 

Get a feeling we're going to need to score at least two and maybe three to win this one.

Kane seems to be one of those players who 'always' scores against us, like Borini, unlike Borini he does score against others too!

Calm but determined & organised must be the way forward. As others have said they'll be busting their you-know-whats, to beat us. 

paulw66   
6 hours ago, East Lower said:

Get a feeling we're going to need to score at least two and maybe three to win this one.

Really? 6 clean sheets in a row..........

JT, and Mikel both out. Willian is back fit (although they never reported he wasn't fit last weekend)

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Really? 6 clean sheets in a row..........

JT, and Mikel both out. Willian is back fit (although they never reported he wasn't fit last weekend)

Logic & form would suggest they'd not fair well in the scoring department, there is however the chaos theory that  kicks sand (or worse) in the face of logic and says a big fat f-you.

There's the ref factor, and the 'he always scores against us rule' among other intangibles. Hope I'm wrong, but I do think we'll need the two or three.

Sciatika   

I dont think the ref ever scores against us (though I suspect that Foy would dearly like to). I am thinking we might see a belated red card for Eric Dier.