Michael Tucker

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 3

409 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Etihad Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday 3rd December, 2016 (Local UK time/date).

Bring it on.

I'm not over confident for a win but am looking forward to it more than I would normally. I'd be happy with a draw.

We will crush them.

Well it's pretty easy picking out the starting XI so I won't list it. 

I'm wondering if this will be what finally makes sure we won't win the title, considering we only have 16 viable outfield starters. 

This will be a tough one. A point would be a huge bonus for me right now. 

There's an old cliche... this is a must win game, a "six-pointer" that would widen the gap at the top.

However we're on a long winning streak, so it's inevitable we will wobble at some point (noting our clean sheet run broke today), and Man City is the most likely coming fixture for that wobble to occur.  We'll need to get behind the team and promote positivity, but inside I'll be a little more reserved for this match.

If we can at least cancel them out and come back from the Etihad with a point I'd be very happy with that.

3 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

1-1

Lol.

1 person likes this

One thing for sure is no PL team fancies facing us at the moment. So, City would be going into this game with a great deal of trepidation and rightly so. In the grand scheme of things, a point would be a dream result considering that most fans were happy to get 4/6 from our two "biggest matches of the season" against City and Spurs. 

My prediction: 6-0 Chelsea.

A point will be massive for us, but Conte for sure will try and go for the win. Same team, same formation. City have not won at home in ages and will attack from the start. Guardiola's possession based football will suit us perfectly, and no way will their back line (whoever that is) be confident facing Hazard, Costa and Pedro. There are so many errors in that team - Bravo, Stones, Kolarov - and we should be on our front foot to capitalise. Still, City have enough quality to upset us, and will for sure do what Pochettino did with our wing-backs.

Biggest game of the season. If we win, I will go totally bonkers.

Wonder if Aguero will get away with this again?

BH04hjHCQAAA2m0.jpg