• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 3

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Wonder if Aguero will get away with this again?

BH04hjHCQAAA2m0.jpg

But he's "not that type of player" the pundits said after he planted an elbow on someone earlier this season. 

No Otamendi or Komoany for them........we have to fancy our chances of scoring. 

goldmase   

Hopefully our back 3 or 5 will not let their foward pass the line, as kane and eriksen does.. coz they have enough quality to punish us.. I go 1-0 win

Teams are already trying to work out ways to beat our system and Spurs did that to a point. We have to be ready for that and learn from those games. City will do what Spurs did and see if they get better luck. They will press and chase our back three when they are tippy tapping the ball around the back, and they have the personnel to do that effectively. I want Courtois to vary his distribution. Sometimes roll it out sometimes a long throw, sometimes a big boot up to Costa. Keep them guessing. Also use the long ball out of defence from Luiz. Let's use our options and be smart.  

Zoowraa   

We have had a habit of not turning up for this fixture at times in recent seasons, a couple of great performances at Ettihad but some very poor ones too.

I'm surprised no team has played two strikers against us yet. I think it would ask questions of our back three, especially if one of the two is willing to sacrifice goal chances to pull our defenders into wider areas. Someone like Troy Deeney for example. Kane had some success at times on Saturday by pulling markers out and running horizontal lines.

Guardiola likes to think outside the box, but I don't see him doing this as he wants to dominate possession.

I just hope we don't start negatively and deeper than necessary .

StebzAno   

Would be nice to see more advantage taken of long balls when the opposition is choking us with a high press.  Some runners ready to receive a precision long ball would soon get them out of our third.  Maybe something for Kante and Matic to work with each other on to draw the 'man on' away, load to their partner and fire ahead.

3 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

We have had a habit of not turning up for this fixture at times in recent seasons, a couple of great performances at Ettihad but some very poor ones too.

I'm surprised no team has played two strikers against us yet. 

Yeah, if you go on recent experiences at the Etihad, it'll either be 4-0 City with them tearing our back line apart, or 0-2 Chelsea with us in complete control of the game start to finish. To be honest, as much as I hope for the latter I reckon it may be 1-1 or a sneaky 2-1 win either way. 

Yeah, I think a 442 could cause us issue if the opposite team push high and get two mobile players in behind Moses and Alonso. 

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Teams are already trying to work out ways to beat our system and Spurs did that to a point. We have to be ready for that and learn from those games. City will do what Spurs did and see if they get better luck. They will press and chase our back three when they are tippy tapping the ball around the back, and they have the personnel to do that effectively. I want Courtois to vary his distribution. Sometimes roll it out sometimes a long throw, sometimes a big boot up to Costa. Keep them guessing. Also use the long ball out of defence from Luiz. Let's use our options and be smart.  

Very devious, what we need to be indeed, and no more of this clean cut, and easily read playing pattern. Our MF's need to step in deeper, we all know City defence line is fragile, they struggled with teams of all levels in the PL, didn't show any performance consistency (checkout their results,), so why should we worry. We need better pass accuracy than last games, not waste the time when in posession,watchout for the offside traps, and some good finishing.

2/1 for Chelsea

city results1.JPG

Edited by chelsian2015
smaller file pic

22 hours ago, jones said:

A point will be massive for us, but Conte for sure will try and go for the win.

I can't see it; we've gone back towards the deep defence in the last two games. Not quite as suicidal as earlier in the season as the results make clear, but we hardly went for it at home to Spurs so away to City seems unlikely.

18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

No Otamendi or Komoany for them........we have to fancy our chances of scoring. 

Otamendi out as well? That probably leaves Stones and Kolarov as the CB's. With Bravo behind them, that's a serious weakness that we should look to exploit. I'd like to see a high press at various stages in the game. They're quite nervy at the back. 

17 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes, Spurs and Borough to an extent exploited some weaknesses. Borough targeted the space behind our WB's and Spurs pressed high and tried to find pockets of space between the CB's and CM's. Guardiola will have picked up on this and planned modes of attack. We will need to be disciplined and organized, whilst offering a threat up front.

This will be a very difficult and tactical game. The Etihad tends to only fill up and make some noise for a few games a season and this is one of them. I'll be very happy with a point. 

Jasonb   

It's the kind of fixture that you dream about, both teams doing well and the first time Conte and Guardiola have faced each other in the EPL.

I suspect a draw will be the result though hope we again play for a win.