Michael Tucker

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 3

409 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Which of our players (plural) was failing to be controlled?  

57 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

They didn't seem very able to control Hazard or Costa all game. 

Is it me or is there a definite increase of one liners on this forum of late.  Ham and Nobly have been at it too.  People must wonder why I keep bursting out laughing (doesn't take much).

Any idea of a points deduction for "failing to control players" makes a complete mockery of the Premier League and the FA.

So open to abuse, its laughable.

11 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Any idea of a points deduction for "failing to control players" makes a complete mockery of the Premier League and the FA.

So open to abuse, its laughable.

If it happens it will set a new precedent whereby any incident where a solitary player pushes another player is classed as failing to control your player(s).

We've been fined £100k whereas Man C got away with £35k. 

Same situation as against the wankers across London. 

They can go **** themselves. 

Why is this not big news? Surely they can't be that blatant. 

It is utterly farcical . Where does the money from this extortion racket go? Over the last 12 months they have had half a mill from us. Does it go to charity, does it pay for their Christmas party? I want to know.

^^ Headlining on BBC Football - how "big" do you want it to be?

^   BBC, 12 December: "The Football Association is outdated, held back by "elderly white men...". Obviously they need the cash for their care homes. Perhaps we should have a whip round, send the bu**ers off on the cruise of a lifetime. To Mars.

Edited by blue moon

I'm assuming this sentencing would indicate there isn't a points deduction (I say optimistically).  It would be highly irregular to announce days later that, 'oh, and we're taking points as well', would it not?

I guess we can only appreciate that £100k is an improvement to the escalating value that last hit £290k after appeal.  It's going to be difficult to argue this down given the FA will always have 'we've fined you several times before' in their back pocket, be it deserved or not.

I still look forward to reading their report none the less, given we've effectively been fined £100k for Chalobah pushing Aguero over.  I would say we need to be more clinical with our fouls and give these teams a taste of their own medicine, but we know what happened to Costa the moment he lashed out.

I'd love to say the reform that's being pressured into them would make things better, however I feel that's based on better support for the lower league and the national team (which is still good), but not dealing with the inherent corruption and influence on match/season outcomes.