• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
East Lower

Victor Moses

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Mr Marvellous said:

A good, thoughtful post Zaffo but you're worrying too much about what he did at Juve.

I'm not worried, just seen it all before that's all. Even if I hadn't, I'd still be saying the same thing anyway with good reason. Having a more defensive option allows Hazard that freedom he's currently seeing. Replace Alonso with a more attacking player and the whole left side becomes more fragile and would require Hazard to lift his defensive input to compensate. It just doesn't work, not unless you counter it with a RWB being more defensive instead and swapping Hazard to the right. 

The third alternative is moving to a 352 properly and the LCM can offer that additional cover. But that's unlikely to be our main system unless we utilise Hazard as a second striker off Costa, then that leaves no room for Pedro or Willian. 

5 hours ago, zaffo said:

I'm not worried, just seen it all before that's all. Even if I hadn't, I'd still be saying the same thing anyway with good reason. Having a more defensive option allows Hazard that freedom he's currently seeing. Replace Alonso with a more attacking player and the whole left side becomes more fragile and would require Hazard to lift his defensive input to compensate. It just doesn't work, not unless you counter it with a RWB being more defensive instead and swapping Hazard to the right. 

The third alternative is moving to a 352 properly and the LCM can offer that additional cover. But that's unlikely to be our main system unless we utilise Hazard as a second striker off Costa, then that leaves no room for Pedro or Willian. 

Early days but it seems to me Alonso would struggle as a LB in a flat back four, at least at the top level. His main strengths appear to be stamina and crossing ability. He's decent in the air but nowhere near aggressive enough at set-pieces.

EDIT: I appreciate this thread is about Victor Moses.

Edited by Mr Marvellous

Always thought he was more than capable of filling that backup winger role in the squad, especially when compared to those players we've signed since (Salah and Cuadrado being the main examples), especially when you consider he is home grown, association trained or whatever it is. That said, he didn't pull up any trees whilst out on loan so I think his performances this season have come as a little surprise to everyone. As someone else mentioned, he had been doing ok prior to the switch to 3-4-3 too.

The chances of either Moses or Marcus Alonso getting in a Chelsea side never mind working out perfectly is so remote as to be unbelievable. But its happened! And we're smashing the league with those two guys who understand their roles perfectly and are entirely consistent in their performances. Roll on the Title I say!

Kezza   

I know this is a Moses thread. But where is the Cesar Azpilicueta thread? It's archived and cannot be posted in. This guy is underrated and I believe needs some appreciation.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

But where is the Cesar Azpilicueta thread? It's archived and cannot be posted in.

Asked, and answered........:).

Seriously though - I have no idea who archived the thread (or any other archived threads for that matter - as there appears to be a number of them). It may just be a glitch that happens automatically after a period of inactive time. I'll ask Peter.

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Possibly nobody could find (spell) it - perhaps call it the "Dave" thread?

I found it a while ago when I wanted to post about him having his contract renewed... ended up posting in the "squad" thread (and I mentioned then that the thread was locked)

20 posts on this thread and most are about other players.

Moses you are owning the Right wing back position and long may it continue, credit where credit due

Kezza   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Asked, and answered........:).

Seriously though - I have no idea who archived the thread (or any other archived threads for that matter - as there appears to be a number of them). It may just be a glitch that happens automatically after a period of inactive time. I'll ask Peter.

Beautiful Michael. Glad I contributed something that does not rile up others for once. 

And yeah Moses has been a beast! In fact right wing back should probably be his natural and best position, not the wing or forward role. Credit to Conte for discovering that.