Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
East Lower

Victor Moses

41 posts in this topic

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/03/moses-extends.html

New contract for Victor. 

Strange career for him. I remember watching him for England at under 16/17 level? and he was head and shoulders above anything on the pitch. Crystal Palace fine, Wigan I guess fine, but since we purchased him I'm still baffled by all the loans. Also baffling at how well he did with us in his pre-seasons yet he was still shipped out. Still, I guess you can say 'he's found a role with us' now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sir said:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/03/moses-extends.html

New contract for Victor. 

Strange career for him. I remember watching him for England at under 16/17 level? and he was head and shoulders above anything on the pitch. Crystal Palace fine, Wigan I guess fine, but since we purchased him I'm still baffled by all the loans. Also baffling at how well he did with us in his pre-seasons yet he was still shipped out. Still, I guess you can say 'he's found a role with us' now.

 

My thoughts entirely , Conte likes him and has found him a role and it's well deserved imho , he's looking a bit tired at the moment but otherwise he's been excellent.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deserved I think. As Mark says he looks tired but he's terrific. Presence, power, commitment. Very good news. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir said:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/03/moses-extends.html

New contract for Victor. 

Strange career for him. I remember watching him for England at under 16/17 level? and he was head and shoulders above anything on the pitch. Crystal Palace fine, Wigan I guess fine, but since we purchased him I'm still baffled by all the loans. Also baffling at how well he did with us in his pre-seasons yet he was still shipped out. Still, I guess you can say 'he's found a role with us' now.

 

what I find odd is that in his one full season with us, he did quite well and looked like being a useful squad player. he then did pretty poorly at all of his loan clubs, but has somehow rediscovered himself. Others, who have had good loan spells have still been discarded. The logic of the loan system has not applied to him 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's had a great season. Looked good in pre-season (as he did under José), impressed Conte and took every chance he was given in the first team. He's adapted brilliantly to his new role, and while he's had some pretty average games lately he's still contributed and never let us down (I'm not blaming him for the Llorente header, as he should never had had to mark him). 

Yes, it's strange how he has prospered despite his unsuccessful loans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He plays better now because he feels he has a manager who believes in him. I think it makes a big difference on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

He plays better now because he feels he has a manager who believes in him. I think it makes a big difference on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Part of the oddness when we all thought that seemingly Moses was a 'Jose player' - I still get bewildered as to why we loaned him to Liverpool of all places. And when we gave Arsenal Yossi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well deserved. Am so happy for him, he's never complained in all his time here and has always put his head down and worked hard.

He has some fantastic attributes which have translated very well to the WB position; great stamina, pace, technique, strength and dribbling ability. It literally is like having an extra attacker at times. I know his delivery can be frustrating but I love how always faces up to the defender and takes him on. Time and time again. He's so brave in that sense.

He's become a real asset and it's nice to see him rewarded. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

what I find odd is that in his one full season with us, he did quite well and looked like being a useful squad player. he then did pretty poorly at all of his loan clubs, but has somehow rediscovered himself. Others, who have had good loan spells have still been discarded. The logic of the loan system has not applied to him 

 

Is there a logic to the loan system? 

Someone should ask Emenalo. Seems like ludicrous empire-building activity on his behalf if you ask me. 

The whole loan system malarkey has been a massive failure imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

 

The whole loan system malarkey has been a massive failure imo. 

Depends what your definition of success and failure is really. I think it has taken a few years to tweak but, some examples

Lukaku and KdB - bought for £20m, sold for £45m

Courtois - picked up for £7m, developed for 3 years on loan

Moses - took a while, but is now very much a first team player

Christiensen - could well be a first team regular, or could be sold for big money (if reports are to be believed)

Ake - has had two years PL football under his belt, now part of the squad. Could have been sold for £18m

Bamford - sold for £8m

Chalobah - mixed loans but now seems to be a squad option

Abraham - had a brilliant 2/3 of season scoring goals in the championship

There are others (Baker, Palmer etc) but If you take the last 5 on the list, what would they have done without a loan(s)? Continued playing U21 football and not progressing? 

Of course there are a bunch of failures, but that is always going to happen. 

Even players like Kalas, Piazon, Brown, Atsu will be moved on for decent money I expect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0