Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasonb

Good on Brazil

4 posts in this topic

Why we wait for the official explanation of the crash which is now under investigation I thought it made sense to recognise the solidarity Brazil has shown with the team Chapocoense who lost the vast majority of their team on the way to compete in the final of the South American clubs.

Since 2009 they have climbed from Serie D to Serie A and this final was the peak of their journey to date.

Brazil football authorities have advised the other clubs will donate a squad player and the team cannot be relegated fro three seasons.

They had a couple of players that missed the trip with injuries and a couple survived yet this is still a big ask for a small club.

It makes me wonder how the UK system would work with a similar tragedy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/29/chapecoense-profile-brazilian-football-team-aboard-crashed-aircraft/

After the Munich air disaster, Man United used mostly youth and squad players. However, non-league Bishop Auckland lent them three players so they could fulfill their fixtures.

Interesting I wasn't aware of them being leant players and of course that was in an earlier era when big money was not so important.

This is indeed a good compensation and compassion by the Clubs and Brazilian people. Quite an ordeal. 

1 person likes this