Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 West Brom 0

156 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I'm not really seeing that. It was either a precaution as he is still carrying a bit of the injury from last week, or it was tactical.

Either way, he ended up playing, so not really a rest...

Indeed. Having not played the other week due to injury, and needing to replace one creative player (Hazard, who was out injured) with another (Fabregas) I didn't see it as Matic being "rested"; rather a tactical (and precautionary) decision. Still, if Droy says injured players (Terry for example), those on the bench who can't break through to a regular starting position (Ivanovic, for example) and players nowhere near the squad (Oscar) are being "rested" because we have such a strong squad with plenty of depth to cover, then obviously they must be being rested!

7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed. Having not played the other week due to injury, and needing to replace one creative player (Hazard, who was out injured) with another (Fabregas) I didn't see it as Matic being "rested"; rather a tactical (and precautionary) decision. Still, if Droy says injured players (Terry for example), those on the bench who can't break through to a regular starting position (Ivanovic, for example) and players nowhere near the squad (Oscar) are being "rested" because we have such a strong squad with plenty of depth to cover, then obviously they must be being rested!

If.  But he doesn't.  All this attention to what I don't say is getting a bit creepy.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hazard, JT, Oscar, Matic and Ivanovic are 5 regular starters from last season not being used right now - In part because the club can afford to rest them.

Does he say this? Or is this what you dont say?

12 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Does he say this? Or is this what you dont say?

All a bit complicated, isn't it.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

All a bit complicated, isn't it.

Not from where I'm standing, it isn't.

15 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Not from where I'm standing, it isn't.

I saw a slogan T-shirt recently that would suit Droy... it said "Even when I'm wrong, I'm right!"