Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 West Brom 0

156 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Any idea why this is at midday? Seems odd.

It's the new thing to try and pack 3 TV matches in on a Sunday. So us at 12, then Utd vs Spurs at 2:15 then Scousers vs Hammers at half 4. It is very early though, not that the half 12 did us much harm vs City!

Hard working narrow victory we need to work for this one as hard as we did at City

1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

Hard working narrow victory we need to work for this one as hard as we did at City

Exactly this. A win wont come easy in this game.

I'll be very interested in our lineup, our game after West Brom (Sunday early afternoon) is Wed night Sunderland(A). So, the lineup may not be so straight forward, do we expect to play the 1st XI West Brom(H), Sunderland(A) and Palace(A) on the Saturday early kick off? Thats 3 games in 6 days. Also, is there any news on Pedro and Costa going off or how Luiz is after the aguero challenge?

I think West Brom home is the game to start a few of the fringe players and try to get the 1st X1 playing Sunderland and Palace away. Bats up front, Willian/pedro doesn't matter so much, maybe Oscar for Hazard. I wouldn't be too bothered if we started with Chalobah/Fabregas/Oscar/Bats/Willian. Its the def that I'd like to keep in place, perhaps just give Luiz a break and play Terry in the middle.

So far we've been able to enjoy one a week and a constant XI so it'll be interesting to see how this week unfolds and which of the fringe players contribute to the cause.

Courtois,Moses,Azpi,Terry,Cahill,Alonso,Chalob,Fab,Oscar,Bats,Willian - we do need top quality def cover though, 2x FB and at least one CD

Edited by ripz

6 hours ago, ripz said:

I'll be very interested in our lineup, our game after West Brom (Sunday early afternoon) is Wed night Sunderland(A). So, the lineup may not be so straight forward, do we expect to play the 1st XI West Brom(H), Sunderland(A) and Palace(A) on the Saturday early kick off? Thats 3 games in 6 days. Also, is there any news on Pedro and Costa going off or how Luiz is after the aguero challenge?

I think West Brom home is the game to start a few of the fringe players and try to get the 1st X1 playing Sunderland and Palace away. Bats up front, Willian/pedro doesn't matter so much, maybe Oscar for Hazard. I wouldn't be too bothered if we started with Chalobah/Fabregas/Oscar/Bats/Willian. Its the def that I'd like to keep in place, perhaps just give Luiz a break and play Terry in the middle.

So far we've been able to enjoy one a week and a constant XI so it'll be interesting to see how this week unfolds and which of the fringe players contribute to the cause.

Courtois,Moses,Azpi,Terry,Cahill,Alonso,Chalob,Fab,Oscar,Bats,Willian - we do need top quality def cover though, 2x FB and at least one CD

I don't think we'll see huge changes all at once, it would essentially disrupt the balance of the side. I think it's more likely we'll see nothing more than 2-3 changes for each match after the West Brom game, providing we've got a fully fit side to select from. 

Wouldn't be overly surprised if we see a 352 in one or so of those games due to the lack of AM alternatives outside of Hazard, Pedro and Willian. 

The City win came at a cost, with Pedro, Costa, and Luiz picking up knocks. Will be interesting to see who recovers in time, and who's risked for this game.

After the emotional victory at City, coming off another emotional win against Spurs, there's the worrying possibility of complacency and a lack of intensity creeping in. Yes, we know that Conte will guard against it, but sometimes it's natural to ease off after such a draining period.

In some ways, the next few games will be the real test. We have to maintain the intensity and concentration that we've demonstrated over the past 8 games. It's not easy to do, especially against a physical and disciplined side like WBA who have hit a bit of form themselves.

Important to start well, control the game, and look to score in the first half hour. The longer it remains goalless, the more it plays into their hands. 

I honestly believe that the race for the title begins now. 

1 person likes this