• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
xCELERYx

Banned from forum message.

xCELERYx   

Getting a banned message the last couple of days when trying to access the forum (forums.CFCnet.co.uk) from work. Presume it's the IP address that's been banned? Site still works perfectly fine from home WiFi and mobile phone on 4G both when logged in or out. 

Anyway to get this checked out? Ty xo. 

Mate, I just brought up your profile to check your IP address(es) for you, and to my amazement, I find that you have 300 IP addresses (12 full pages of them!!). That's the most-ever for any single member, ever in the history of this site! Quite extraordinary, tbh. If one of them has a glitch, then I'm sorry, but you'll have to deal with that yourself (i.e., delete the IP address, or work around it (you seem to have plenty of IP's to choose from!).

xCELERYx   

That's crazy. Not a clue how so many have been collected but I'm presume it will be from work. Unfortunately, not sure how I'll go about switching to another one as work computers are all restricted. Maybe something as simple as a PC restart will assign me a new IP on their network. Will have to give it a look into. Otherwise it means I'll have to be more productive, sigh. 

Thanks though!

Sciatika   

You may know this but...Typically, machines in a work environment are served with IP addresses using DHCP. This hands out intranet IP addresses. These are invisible to the outside world. You will probably have NATing firewalls to the outside world. That means the address seen by this website will not be the same as the address of your machine within the work intranet. Generally, the website will get the IP address(es) of the firewall. I would not expect there to be 300 of those. Could it be that you are accessing the site from a mobile device that is connecting to a lot of different WiFi access points or something like that? One thing you could do is a reverse IP lookup and see who owns those addresses. You can find tools on the web to do that (search for WHOIS IP or something similar).

8 hours ago, Sciatika said:

You may know this but...Typically, machines in a work environment are served with IP addresses using DHCP. This hands out intranet IP addresses. These are invisible to the outside world. You will probably have NATing firewalls to the outside world. That means the address seen by this website will not be the same as the address of your machine within the work intranet. Generally, the website will get the IP address(es) of the firewall. I would not expect there to be 300 of those. Could it be that you are accessing the site from a mobile device that is connecting to a lot of different WiFi access points or something like that? One thing you could do is a reverse IP lookup and see who owns those addresses. You can find tools on the web to do that (search for WHOIS IP or something similar).

Excellent post, mate - thank you.

12 hours ago, zaffo said:

That's crazy. Not a clue how so many have been collected but I'm presume it will be from work. Unfortunately, not sure how I'll go about switching to another one as work computers are all restricted. Maybe something as simple as a PC restart will assign me a new IP on their network. Will have to give it a look into. Otherwise it means I'll have to be more productive, sigh. 

Thanks though!

No problems. How about you specify the one IP that's giving you problems, and I'll delete it from here? I'm not even sure if that would work, but I'm happy to give it a try.