Michael Tucker

Sunderland 0 Chelsea 1

176 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday 14th December, 2016 (Local UK time/date).

It's getting tricky now as I really want Conte to start resting players, to start rotating others in.  Some players already have niggles which unrested will quickly become long-term injuries.  For certain if they're not remedied soon leg-hacking Tottenham will come around sooner than we think to finish the job.

However, how to do that without compromising Costa's prolific form.

In an ideal world, play the same team, get 4-0 at HT and take 3 players off! 

Beware the Djilobodji factor!!!!!!!!!

Tendancy in recent  times to struggle against them. Hopefully their injuries effect their midfield and we can create the space needed, that we didn't get yesterday.

If the system remains the same and we play well, we'll win. Anything less than that and we may struggle.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

In an ideal world, play the same team, get 4-0 at HT and take 3 players off! 

I know we're on a roll Paul but finishing the game with 8 players might be seen as arrogant and dismissive.

😉

2 people like this

2 hours ago, East Lower said:

Beware the Djilobodji factor!!!!!!!!!

Tendancy in recent  times to struggle against them. Hopefully their injuries effect their midfield and we can create the space needed, that we didn't get yesterday.

If the system remains the same and we play well, we'll win. Anything less than that and we may struggle.

Yeah, I hate playing Sunderland away as we always seem to find it really difficult. In my opinion we should rotate a little and go with:

Courtois

Dave Luiz Cahill

Moses    Alonso

Cesc Matic

Willian Hazard

Costa

Obviously in and ideal world, we could keep the same XI but as this is our easiest game in the next three weeks, I reckon we should give Kante a rest. Additionally, I would also start Willian as he could do with some minutes. As for the rest, it would be nice to rest one or two of the back three and/or WB's, but due to the lack of depth I don't see how it can be done unless we want to give Bane a start. 

I would rest Luiz, Kante, Moses and Costa for this one. I would bring in Zouma for Luiz ( Give Azpi the Luiz role), Cesc for Kante, Aina for Moses and Bathshuayi for Costa. I would have played Ivan at RWB but having Alonso and Ivan as WB lacks pace on both flanks and could result in being trapped inside your half. Aina gives us more pace out wide and could reach box to box in good timing. With everyone one else keeping their positions that team should be able to beat Sunderland.  With Defoe being at the age he is at I would not expect to see them press us that high up the pitch which should help us with passing the ball out of defence which is why I dont feel Luiz is worth risking in this game as he clearly looked unfit against WB.

No more than 2 changes, Sunderland have won a few recently and as East Lower said our record up there is not the best.