Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

133 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday 17th December, 2016 (Local UK time/date).

I keep thinking we must fail to win a game sooner or later.........I hate Pardew, so please not Saturday!

I have a bad feeling about this one. They hate us, Pardew is a knob and we seem to struggle at their place recently. Maybe coloured by me going there a few seasons back with a bad result.

Squad is small and there are signs of fatigue. Luiz is limping around but hopefully Costa will be back.

My team would be:

Courtois; Azpi, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Willian, Costa, Hazard

Its always been a funny place for us Selhurst remember many a dissapointment down there. I was hoping they might get a result V United which might have helped our cause but no wasnt to be. You can see that City and United and Liverpool all had to work for the points down there and my worry is that we had to work hard to create anything last night and may be a little jaded. 

A point isn't a disaster after winning last night but fingers crossed for champions away performance.

Same concerns as I had reflected on before Sunderland really.  Except one was realised in the form of Hazard being in the injury room, and I think playing this competitively for every game is now taking it's toll on Costa.  At the worst time, in a month of packed fixtures.  Unfortunately it would be too much to take both out of any game, but I really hope Costa doesn't play a whole match if started.  After such a great run, it doesn't bother me what we come away with, as long as we look after our players.   This is, afterall, a marathon not a sprint.

We've had a mixed bag of results at Palace in recent years. last season was arguably our best away display all season.

Yes, we've got Hazard who'd got a bang on the ankle and didn't play last night and yes we will have had an away game on a Weds night only to have the lunchtime game on the Saturday to contend with. They'll have flown up to and back from Sunderland. As long as Conte can keep them mentally sharp, focused and motivated, we can get something positive from this game. The players are kept ticking over at this stage of the season, so from a physical point of view as long as they stay clear of injuries that would stop them playing, personally I'm not so worried. 

It's mental fatigue that concerns me more at this stage, one big game, soon after another with the last two being away games and Palace under pressure to get a result at Home, as well as it being a derby with the home crowd that more vociferous.  After the Palace game they've 8 full days to recover from playing before they start the 4 games over the Christmas & New Year fortnight, one of which is the FA Cup tie where some will get a rest.

It'll probably depend on who that ****wit Riley gives the job of refereeing to.

We are fortunate we are in a position where we can drop three points and still be top. Like the rest I agree this could be a tough one.

A good thing is Palace is just a short trip over the Thames so virtually a home match yet an early k.o. again!!!

Is it possible that we could just keep winning and never lose another game... ever?

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Is it possible that we could just keep winning and never lose another game... ever?

Winning every game is just pie in the sky.  I'd settle for not ever losing again.