• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

Think this will be the one to stop the run unfortunately. We may not lose, but I just have a feeling we might not come away with all 3 points.

This is a cup final for Palace, they love getting a result against us and they would love to be the ones to end our run.

Hopefully Hazard will be back, but I've a feeling he'll leave him out again, to make sure he's fully fit for the busy Christmas period. Fabregas has to start again if Hazard doesn't.

I can deal with a draw but the thought of Pardew telling us precisely how he planned to deal with Chelsea is not a nice thought

Holymoly   
19 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I keep thinking we must fail to win a game sooner or later.........I hate Pardew, so please not Saturday!

I met him in Vancouver over the summer. Seemed like a nice enough bloke to be honest.

xCELERYx   

Zaha has been in good touch and by far their most dangerous player of late. Will be important to keep him in close check, if we do that and take our own chances, a win shouldn't be a problem. That said, always a difficult game and I think we need to start a lot better than we have done the last few games. Can't afford to be slow off the blocks once more. 

Jasonb   

I saw Pardew a few months ago in a local café in South London early one morning.

Quality, sure we are better yet there those days when the refs have a nightmare, your players don't perform, you hit the crossbar and posts and the home crowd seem to lift the home team.

Palace are one of those teams that seem to have some luck against us.

This game entirely depends on how well we play. If we are able to deliver an 8 out of 10 performance then Crystal Palace will have no answer. If we put in a 6 out of 10 performance due to tiredness then we might still win dependent on Crystal Palace's performance being poor.

Treat this as an absolute must-win. To get 9 points clear ahead of Man City-Arsenal and Everton-Liverpool would put enormous pressure on them.

We can do this. Won't be easy but we can win this.

StebzAno   
8 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Treat this as an absolute must-win. To get 9 points clear ahead of Man City-Arsenal and Everton-Liverpool would put enormous pressure on them.

I didn't actually realise there was a "six-pointer" in the top four AND a derby at Goodison park going on.  There is another one on New Years Eve as well. Have to admit that does make things very tempting.  Though I cringe at the thought of overstretching those that have been instrumental to our winning form.  Really need to start getting bats involved.

11 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

I didn't actually realise there was a "six-pointer" in the top four AND a derby at Goodison park going on.  There is another one on New Years Eve as well. Have to admit that does make things very tempting.  Though I cringe at the thought of overstretching those that have been instrumental to our winning form.  Really need to start getting bats involved.

Agree on Batshuayi, looked good the first few weeks but now will be rusty as hell. Needs to get games as he's a good option too by the looks of it. The problem for him has been Costa has been 1. Superb and 2. Incredibly disciplined in the face of the final booking hanging over him.

Also agree that there will be a breaking point regarding these players at some point and Conte will have to be very shrewd to work out effectively when that is and which players 1. Desperately need resting and 2. Can afford to be rested without putting the result in major jeopardy. It's not easy but this is what Conte gets paid to do and I have enormous faith in him after what he has shown us so far.

If we win this game it's an(other) enormous statement of intent.

Edited by Chelsea-Till-I-Die