Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

133 posts in this topic

Pardew also seems to enjoy bursting our bubble. If we do put in a good performance I see no reason to why we should not pick up 3 points. They are a pretty average team. Only problem I see is Zaha against Alonso and Benteke probably trying to target against Azpi. If Hazard is not fully fit I think we should give them something different and Play Cesc behind Bats and Costa. It would confuse them a little. I think Pedro form lately has dipped maybe fatigue is the reason but I feel he needs a rest. Plus Pedro and Willian can make good impact subs if needed.

19 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Agree on Batshuayi, looked good the first few weeks but now will be rusty as hell. Needs to get games as he's a good option too by the looks of it. The problem for him has been Costa has been 1. Superb and 2. Incredibly disciplined in the face of the final booking hanging over him.

Also agree that there will be a breaking point regarding these players at some point and Conte will have to be very shrewd to work out effectively when that is and which players 1. Desperately need resting and 2. Can afford to be rested without putting the result in major jeopardy. It's not easy but this is what Conte gets paid to do and I have enormous faith in him after what he has shown us so far.

If we win this game it's an(other) enormous statement of intent.

Yes, I agree we are perhaps pushing our luck by sticking to the tried and trusted religiously, but on the other hand, this is the only competition we have had to think about until the FA Cup kicks in in the new year. The Christmas period is the most telling of course, but if we can survive that then our schedule will once again become a lot easier than some of our rivals.

2 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

1-1

Great stuff Matt. I must say your consistency is awesome! You've been wrong every time so far and long may it continue!!

3 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

1-1

You took your time ;-)

Playing hard to get, I suppose.

Regarding Matt's score prediction might I suggest that everyone keeps posting the same thing pre match?  Droy, as you were......

😉

No, its not our time to lose...3/1 Chelsea

To be honest, this game and the Bournemouth one are ones that I expect us to win. I say this as neither team can defend very well and always give a number of chances away each game. Obviously they also scire a lot but because the way we are now drilled, I am confident we will out score them. 

I don't think our Christmas schedule is as demanding as in recent years. After today's game we have 9 days til the next, then 5 days break and then 3. Basically one game a weekend, other than the Spurs game which is immediately followed by the FA cup.

So I don't expect any widespread changes to the team, injuries permitting, other than our existing 'tactical' options of Matic or Fabregas, Pedro or Willian. I think the other 9 will play every match. Then lots of changes for the cup and then we go back to a game a week.